Pls recommend: Casio Ex-Z40 or Canon Ixus 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorrus

Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
i am considering getting 1 camera, but i am torn between these 2. so is there anyone who owned these cams to give some simple review?

thanx!

I have not owned the IXUS 500, but I bought the Z40 as a backup cam once. It's terrible. I put it up on sale the next day. I don't think I'll buy a Casio again.

I know a friend who used the Canon S400, we attended school together for a semester. I think he found it to be pretty reliable, when I saw his pics of the same places we travelled to, they were pretty good! So I have a good impression of Canon Ixus. however, I heard the ixus 500 is not as good as the ones before, get ixus 430 better =)

hey thanx!

will know wat to do now...

Phuazster said:
I know a friend who used the Canon S400, we attended school together for a semester. I think he found it to be pretty reliable, when I saw his pics of the same places we travelled to, they were pretty good! So I have a good impression of Canon Ixus. however, I heard the ixus 500 is not as good as the ones before, get ixus 430 better =)

huh? how come leh? if I were to buy an ixus again, I'd get the ixus 500 over the 430.

daphz said:
huh? how come leh? if I were to buy an ixus again, I'd get the ixus 500 over the 430.

I think it is because they squeeze too much pixels into a small sensor like IXUS 500, therefore quality not that good. Why not spend the extra few dollars on battery or casing?

if you ask me,

i remember casio as making watches.

i remember canon as making cameras.

now make a choice

Status
Not open for further replies.