Pls recommend camcorder mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

limhousen

Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
I am going to help a friend shoot his wedding. Can someone recommend a good external shotgun mic that is compatible with Sony miniDV camcorder (model PC9E)? It doesn't have a hotshoe with 'live' contacts, but rather uses a stereo jack to connect the mic. Thanks in advance.

Go to a shop name "Hung Brothers" in sim lim square. They have a good selection of mics. Bring your Sony along and test to see it it works for you before you buy it. Camcorder mics are quite confusing, some require power from the cam to power the mic, some don't. So the best way is to test it, or other wise buy the original sony one which is quite ex, I think.

Thanks for the tip! I will check "Hung Brothers" out. The Sony ones are indeed costly. Do you know of any specific brands I should look out for?

Ansel said:
Go to a shop name "Hung Brothers" in sim lim square. They have a good selection of mics. Bring your Sony along and test to see it it works for you before you buy it. Camcorder mics are quite confusing, some require power from the cam to power the mic, some don't. So the best way is to test it, or other wise buy the original sony one which is quite ex, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.