Pls recommend an external storage device (OTG)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperlite

Nov 29, 2006
Tiong Bahru
Hi... I'm looking for an external device to store extra pics while out and about. Can anyone intro a few good ones? Just plain and simple will do, don't have to be able to view pics or listen to mp3.
Mainly looking for fast transfer rate and good batt life and most importantly, good reviews from fellow users.

I did a search and brands like digimate and another from eastgear came up. Are there any other brands out there?

Thanks ;)

I'm using the Vosonic 8360 without any regrets. Now thinking of the Epson P5000. ;p

mine from eastgear.... very good, use it everyday for now

I'm using the Vosonic 8360 without any regrets. Now thinking of the Epson P5000. ;p

how long is the battery life ar
someone's selling, if it's good i can sell off my current to make way
need a portable hard disk sorta thing to back up photos anyways!

I'm using the Nexto CF Ultra, available from Eastgear.

Very simple to operate and super fast. Transfers a 2GB Sandisk Extreme III in slightly over a minute. :thumbsup:

It is a little pricey though ... :sweat:

_

if you are looking for super fast transfer, nexto and CompactDrive is one of the fastest out there. Most are OTG including digimate have a pretty pathetic transfer speed, but they are much cheaper of cos.

I'm actually looking for a decent one that has got mainly CF, SD and memory stick data transfer...
Nexto only has CF capabilites and compactdrive i think it's obselete soon... It's not on Eastgear's webbie...

External HDD with OTG function
Digimate II/III/V
Vosonic 8230/8350/8360/8390
Creative Zen vision M 60G with OTG function
Creative Zen Vision + multi memory to CF adaptec
Creative Zen vision W + multi memory to CF adaptec
Epson P2000/3000/5000

These are the External storage devices I know.

how long is the battery life ar
someone's selling, if it's good i can sell off my current to make way
need a portable hard disk sorta thing to back up photos anyways!

If you are like me, only using CF cards, can last one whole day's download worth of shoots on one fully charged battery. Never really take note of the number of Gigs on a full charge. I bought another battery just incase, as a spare and these two batteries can last for a long long time! :thumbsup: battery requirements! :heart:

If you are like me, only using CF cards, can last one whole day's download worth of shoots on one fully charged battery. Never really take note of the number of Gigs on a full charge. I bought another battery just incase, as a spare and these two batteries can last for a long long time! :thumbsup: battery requirements! :heart:

how much is spare battery?
went to read up more, seems like vosonic vp8350 quite good
12 hours music playback, not too shabby
42 times transfer 1 gb.. So that's more than enough to fill up the thing on one charge, hahaha

I'm actually looking for a decent one that has got mainly CF, SD and memory stick data transfer...
Nexto only has CF capabilites and compactdrive i think it's obselete soon... It's not on Eastgear's webbie...

Ummmm....You mean this one is not on Eastgear's website??? :think:

Nexto OTG and Ultra

And when I bought the Nexto Ultra from Eastgear, it was packaged with this 17-in-one adaptor that allows me to use other types of memory cards with the Nexto:

17-in-one Compact Flash Adaptor

_

how much is spare battery?
went to read up more, seems like vosonic vp8350 quite good
12 hours music playback, not too shabby
42 times transfer 1 gb.. So that's more than enough to fill up the thing on one charge, hahaha

I'm using a 8360 with a 80Gb HDD. The batt is ard $20 only IIRC. ;p

Just got mine direct from Vosonic VP8390. Previous Vosonic models and still currently using are the VP2160 and VP6300. If you want a no fuss down to earth unit then the VP2160 is ready handy. The VP8390 is only an overkill, OLED screen cost so much more then VP8360 with similar functions.

Ummmm....You mean this one is not on Eastgear's website??? :think:

Nexto OTG and Ultra

And when I bought the Nexto Ultra from Eastgear, it was packaged with this 17-in-one adaptor that allows me to use other types of memory cards with the Nexto:

17-in-one Compact Flash Adaptor

_

I meant the compact drive... The Nexto Ultra comes prepacked with a hdd?? It's too pricey IMO... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.