Pls recommend a printer for digital cam photos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

butters

have a budget of ard $300+, so any recommendations? should i go for a 4 color or 6 color one? but guess after looking @ the pricelist, guess the 6 color ones are out of my budget... between the canon s600 and s520 models, which one would be bettr? since their prices are so similar...

or would the printers @ this price range be unsuitable to produce good quality photo prints? would the canon s600 be good enough? any good offerings from epson? pictures would be taken from a canon ixus 330(2mega pixel) digicam...

if it is impossible to get a good printer @ this price range, would probably call it off & just send all my prints for developing @ a photo outlet instead, but reckoned it'll be more cost effective to print @ home if there are low qty prints to be done...

The Epson Photo Stylus 810...

It's a 6 colour printer and It's prints are far better than the two canon models. Some one managed to get it at $250 in SLS. I think its $299 at Harey Norman.

Originally posted by Flare
The Epson Photo Stylus 810...

It's a 6 colour printer and It's prints are far better than the two canon models. Some one managed to get it at $250 in SLS. I think its $299 at Harey Norman.

finally, a model tt falls into my budget... any other users care to comment? are the replacement cartridges ex? someone also recommended the stylus 890.. is tt a better model? any idea on price?

Helo,

the replacement catridges for 810 is $35 for the 5 colored combined
and $35 for the black one.

print quality is great...

810 890 if I'm not wrong the diff is 890 can take roll paper...
meaning long panoramics... but still the width of A4 size.
Color/printing engine is basically same... maybe faster.. that I'm not sure.

Its a good buy.

The quality between the two is very similar, but the 890 is slightly better...

Most people are not going to use the CF slot on the printer anyway...

If you want something better than the 810 and worth the money, personally I think only the Canon S800 and S820 are options, But both cost around $500

So the Epson Photo Stylus 810 is the best for price... Printers more expensive than it may not beat its print quality...... Great buy... I highly reccomend it!

Epson printers do not have replaceable printheads, so if they get damaged the whole thing has to go. Canon has replaceable printheads, while HP has their printhead in the ink cartridge.

If u're not in a hurry, why not wait for the June PC Show?

Epson, Canon etc usually have some trade-in promotion and u might be able to get some good bargains. I got S$60 off my Canon S600 printer in March :)

Originally posted by Ling
If u're not in a hurry, why not wait for the June PC Show?

Epson, Canon etc usually have some trade-in promotion and u might be able to get some good bargains. I got S$60 off my Canon S600 printer in March :)

but usually the pc show deals still cannot beat the prices @ sls...

Originally posted by AstralPrue
Epson printers do not have replaceable printheads, so if they get damaged the whole thing has to go. Canon has replaceable printheads, while HP has their printhead in the ink cartridge.

Epson print heads are replaceable. For my Epson 750, I was quoted $122 including labour. I'm not sure how much Canon costs but should be comparable.

810 and 890 are the same specifications print quality wise, but dpnow which does extremely detailed tests reports the 890 is better as 810 suffers from microbanding (visible under magnification only)

waiting to see the 950s pricing....

HP 9xx series and over is the performers with good quality and long life .

Its not good idea to think with factor the budget, when you need a printer for a digital camera .

Originally posted by butters

but usually the pc show deals still cannot beat the prices @ sls...

from my experience...PC show always got better price then SLS....but ONLY for printer...

esp when u go on the last day at the last 2 hours....all the booth will slash their price greatly cos they dun want to transport the left over printer back to their store again

i got my LaserJet printer at $450 at the last computer exhibition....that printer is selling at $550 everywhere

i have a friend who wanted to get an ink jet printer from the computer show too...but then he missed the exhibition and have to pay $70 more for the same printer from Sim Lim

but then..u may not get the model u want during the last few hours....cos the best deal usually finish very fast...and those free gifts may be out of stock also...

Status
Not open for further replies.