Pls recommend a good 3.2MP (and above) high zoom camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdude2003

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my existing 2.1MP ixus 330. Features I am looking at for the new cam are (i) it should be higher than 3.2MP and (ii) it must have a good zoom capability. For (ii), I found the 3X optical zoom capability of the ixus very restrictive and even though I am not a professional photographer, I would still appreciate the possibility of taking high zoom pictures.

I currently am looking at the C720 or C730, both of which have at least 8X optical zoom. Do these 2 take good pics at high zoom? I understand that at high zoom levels, the images can be blurred with unsteady hands -- do any of these cams eliminate this problem?

Can someone recommend some other models to consider? My budget would be below 400 and I am looking at 2nd hand models to achieve that budget.

Thank you. :)

camdude2003 said:
Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my existing 2.1MP ixus 330. Features I am looking at for the new cam are (i) it should be higher than 3.2MP and (ii) it must have a good zoom capability. For (ii), I found the 3X optical zoom capability of the ixus very restrictive and even though I am not a professional photographer, I would still appreciate the possibility of taking high zoom pictures.

I currently am looking at the C720 or C730, both of which have at least 8X optical zoom. Do these 2 take good pics at high zoom? I understand that at high zoom levels, the images can be blurred with unsteady hands -- do any of these cams eliminate this problem?

Can someone recommend some other models to consider? My budget would be below 400 and I am looking at 2nd hand models to achieve that budget.

Thank you. :)

panasonic fz10; 12X zoom, 4MP, not for low-light enviorment. :cry: :cry:
panasonic fz20; 12x zoom, 5mp, same as fz10, not out yet. :cry:

minolta Z3 ?
12X optical (35mm-420mm) 4x digital = 48x total
with AS function (equal to canon IS)
it is out in some other country
guess the price will be around 700

coldman said:
panasonic fz10; 12X zoom, 4MP, not for low-light enviorment. :cry: :cry:
panasonic fz20; 12x zoom, 5mp, same as fz10, not out yet. :cry:

may i know why not for low light environment for fx10?

i tried it during a dance and the pictures turn out not bad...

How about Canon S1 IS? 3.2MP, 10x optical zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.