pls recommend 14mm manual focus lens with m42 mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
hi guys,

i m thinking of getting a 14mm rectilinear lens (pls dont tell me about zoom lens as i m not interrested in those, just personal preferrence). but tamron & sigma cost around S$1.4k, canon $3k.

so i decided to go for manual focus lens with m42 mount (pls dont recommend other mounting). pls advice what lens maker & model should i go for & how much.

thanks.

hey sorry i cant give u any specific advice on the models. but can consider russian M42 lense, on average they are so-so. But if u can research on some of them u cld get one v decent one at ultra cheap price. ebay has some on auction.
hmmm can also consider Carl Zeiss Jena, ebay has 'em as well, not tt costly.
Gd luck bro!

sth to ask u, any idea where to get M42 to Pentax P(k) mount converter in s'pore n how much it cost.

cheers:p

I got mine (PK mount) from fotografix @ lucky china town, 2nd floor, mr wong. it has been quite some time so i cant recall how much. however, note that after you have the adaptor mount to lens, than lens to pentax camera, only way to remove the lens is to unscrew it from the adaptor, ie the adaptor still stuck in the camera. the adaptor comes with a dedicated "spanner" to remove the adaptor from the camera, but it needs some skill to do it. on the whole, it is not user friendly.

it seems there is only this version of adaptor, after asking all cp, ap, k13........etc etc.

singscott said:
It is because there no 14mm M42. The widest is the russian 16mm fisheye ;)

A fisheye lens is not rectilinear ......

The Widest fisheye lens for M42 is not the Zenitar, but the 8mm Peleng.....

There is definately a 14mm M42, but it is also a fisheye lens, and it is not made in Russia.

The Widest rectilinear lens for a M42 Screw Mount is a 17mm lens.

blurblock said:
A fisheye lens is not rectilinear ......

The Widest fisheye lens for M42 is not the Zenitar, but the 8mm Peleng.....

There is definately a 14mm M42, but it is also a fisheye lens, and it is not made in Russia.

The Widest rectilinear lens for a M42 Screw Mount is a 17mm lens.

Like what I say there no widest rectilinear 14mm. The widest is I knew of is the russsian 16mm fish eye. As for the 14mm fisheye I haven't come across one may be you can show us.;)

singscott said:
Like what I say there no widest rectilinear 14mm. The widest is I knew of is the russsian 16mm fish eye. As for the 14mm fisheye I haven't come across one may be you can show us.;)

Like I say, a fisheye is a fisheye, it is not rectilinear ...... The widest lens is 8mm Peleng, not the 16mm Zenitar .....

bro,....susah laa,...i also never seen M42 at 14mm :):) told u before issit, but who knows.....

bro, no choice mah, AF 14mm cost about S$1.4K, very $$$$. Seems like next possibility is 17mm. how much for tamron, tokina, sigma one? looking for non-digital lens.

denniskee said:
bro, no choice mah, AF 14mm cost about S$1.4K, very $$$$. Seems like next possibility is 17mm. how much for tamron, tokina, sigma one? looking for non-digital lens.

remember last time we check tokina 17mm f/3.5 at CP is about $350?
should take last time from Cam.X pretty cheap.

u try ebay 1st?

singscott said:
Ya righttttttt ;) :bsmilie:

Of course .... unlike someone who often give information without checking .... right? :bsmilie: ..... please see my previous pose on the description of the 14mm lens, it does fit the Mamiya/ sekor lens.

blurblock said:
Of course .... unlike someone who often give information without checking .... right? :bsmilie: ..... please see my previous pose on the description of the 14mm lens, it does fit the Mamiya/ sekor lens.

Wow like that also can I found the information you take the crebit :thumbsup: :sweatsm: Like they say in hokkien "no words can descript" :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

blurblock said:

See following thread please http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1450752#post1450752 No hard feeling ;)

singscott said:
Wow like that also can I found the information you take the crebit :thumbsup: :sweatsm: Like they say in hokkien "no words can descript" :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Please read my description carefully. I already know of this lens, but to the fact it is hard to find, thus no point recommending it to him. :bsmilie:

aiyo, now in deep ****, you see, i like prime lens, have 16 fe, 24 & 24 tse, 35.
but i want to shoot landsacpe, building & structure, find the 2 pcs of 24 not wide enough, 16 fe too much distortion, oh yes, did i mention to be use on film camera?

now if add in 17mm (since 14mm is $$), than i have something close to 16-35 or 17-40. now comes to think of it, dam, the 2 are weather sealed, that means i can shoot in rain with my 1v (which i always want to do).

now, before i rush to buy 17mm (about $350), can you guys pls help me with my dilema (wrong spelling) here.

hi bro, help!!! now dont know how.

bro, try 1st before u buy, use ur d60 or shoot film, then see the result 1st, if u think its worthed, then buy, just like i did b4 buy the lens

Status
Not open for further replies.