Pls help: Why little dots appear when scanning 35mm slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinxinl

Dec 26, 2005
Hi all,

I got headache with this problem. When I use plustek 7200 film scanner + Vuescan/Silverfast to scan some 35mm slides (default settings), there're always little dots appear in the image.

Image here:
709bscd.jpg

I believe it's not the dirts of the film. Can someone tell me why this happens and how to remove them?

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,
Vincent

Image here

ec8ab7e0.jpg

ec8ab696.jpg

omg, this is serious problem:(

i am sorry i cant help but let me try serach google for you

That does not look good.

Did you try checking your settings?? Have you tweaked any of the settings?

Maybe just try going to the default settings and do a scan. See what happens.

Yes i used default settings. And i tried to tweak it using a few settings like Anti alias or grain reduction. Although those will make the dots less prominent but the picture also just get blurred and details lost.

Scan 2 different slides. If the dirt pattern is the same, it should be a hardware problem.

If the dirt pattern is different, maybe fungi growth on your slides. I had this problem before.

Hi all,

I got headache with this problem. When I use plustek 7200 film scanner + Vuescan/Silverfast to scan some 35mm slides (default settings), there're always little dots appear in the image.

Image here:
http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41e58491z8bab1299/99c9/__sr_/709bscd.jpg?phgdFMFBbZx23WDX

I believe it's not the dirts of the film. Can someone tell me why this happens and how to remove them?

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,
Vincent
Use a loupe and a light box to view the slide to see if it's inherent on the slide. Otherwise it may be because the dynamic range of the scanner is not enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.