Pls help!!!Watermark in Lightroom 3

sino238

Nov 30, 2010
Okies okies..i created a logo and i save the logo as a preset. But when I try to export my pic with watermark, I can't check  the "Add Copyright Watermark" checkbox in the export dialog. Why is tat so? Anyone can help.

First of all this question belongs to "Digital Darkroom", secondly, we cannot see what you are doing there, a snapshot of your export dialog would be helpful to begin with. Another idea: did you create the Preset under LR2 and maybe it does not work this way anymore? What does the very comprehensive Adobe Help say?

Okies okies..i created a logo and i save the logo as a preset. But when I try to export my pic with watermark, I can't check  the "Add Copyright Watermark" checkbox in the export dialog. Why is tat so? Anyone can help.

Hi Sino, what file type are you exporting to? Watermark feature in Export Dialog is only possible if you are exporting to JPG, PSD or TIFF.

And which version of Lightroom are you using? Trial version might have disabled the feature.

BTW, the watermark check box is under Watermarking>Watermark(checkbox) in the dropdown box, select "Edit Watermark" to create a new one.

Last edited:
Hi!!! Senior!!! Been trying to solve the watermarking issue but fail...am too stupid Liao...
Am using LR3 and logo is created by LR3 too.

Trail version? How to check is it my is a trail version?!?! LR in
My Mac since 2010 Nov but I never use it before..

Here is my steps!!

1. Added in develop/ edit watermarking/ watermark editor/done

95328300.jpg

2. But no watermark is on my pic

1d7b7747.jpg

3. I cant check the box in watermarking too. Sob...

e03b5d45.jpg

Did I miss out any step..?

Last edited:
You did not select box under watermark section to active this option and dropdown box select "My Logo".

Hope this help.

I can't check the box under watermarking section
In image 3... Tat section is totally fade off.
Tat why I can't drop down...

Please show us the top part of the export dialog. As you can see, sharpening is also greyed out / function unavailable. Are you exporting to NEF again?

Hi!!! Senior!!! Been trying to solve the watermarking issue but fail...am too stupid Liao...
Am using LR3 and logo is created by LR3 too.

Trail version? How to check is it my is a trail version?!?! LR in
My Mac since 2010 Nov but I never use it before..

Here is my steps!!

Did I miss out any step..?

In your Export Dialog box, look under "File Settings"... what is the selection under "Format"? Only when you select PSD, JPEG or TIFF, sharpening and watermarking options are available to you... If your selection is "DNG" or "Original", then the options will be greyed out.

Last edited:
Please show us the top part of the export dialog. As you can see, sharpening is also greyed out / function unavailable. Are you exporting to NEF again?

In your Export Dialog box, look under "File Settings"... what is the selection under "Format"? Only when you select PSD, JPEG or TIFF, sharpening and watermarking options are available to you... If your selection is "DNG" or "Original", then the options will be greyed out.

Sino will check it tonite!!! I think problem is solving soon!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks for all the advises! Really feel appreciate!!

Hi!!! I solved my stupid problem! Many thanks!! Hehe...

sino238 said:
Hi!!! I solved my stupid problem! Many thanks!! Hehe...

How you solved it? What was the cause of your problem ah? Share share leh hehehe