pls help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

delirious

Hi everyone,i am getting a digi cam tomorrow Budget 1.7k and i wanna get a small 4 or 5 mega pix camera and i saw the coolpix 5000 and i knda like it...but its quite a risk as i dont really know how well it will perform for a newbie..so any advices?I understand that the G2 is good too...but i dont really like its design...but then again if coolpix ain't that good for its price or a newbie i would rather take the G2...pls advice.Thanks!

erm..thats another problem...i went to SLS today..but got sick of their blah blah blah....so wondering where to get it too??sigh...

go to Cathay Photo Store at either Peninsula Plaza or Marina Square... good service at competitive prices too!

ok..thats where i thinking of going too...the main thing is good service..i really sick of all the BS liao..my dad say pay $30,$40 more nevermind..most impt is buy liao happy..hahaha..
but which cam to get??!!

maybe u can go down and try this cameras? impt thing is u like the functions and feel... not the looks

agree...but what should i look out for..i mean as a newbie...

ermm... good question... i'm a film camera user... dunno nuts abt digital cameras....

maybe do a little research on the web? look through some postings on this forum??:dunno:

Cathay Photo Store Pte Ltd
#01-07/08, Peninsula Plaza,
111 North Bridge Road, Singapore 179098
http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/

John 3:16 Photo Supplies
109, North Bridge Road #03-37
Funan YThe IT Mall
Singapore 179097

ic..thanks...
hey simon..anything i should look out for as a newbie???
i looking at the G2 and the Coolpix5000

too big for me....if the f707 is smaller..i would get it without thinking..hahhaha

would the guys at cathay be able to advice me base on a fair and sincere judgement???cause i know if i go SLS they will recommand me the stuff they either want to clear or make most profit out of it..hhahaha

well..do try out jon 3:16...look for samuel...he's very good and very helpful...dun worry...prices wise are jus as competitive as CP or even cheaper...its at funan...a little advice though...do try out a few models before deciding...take ur time to explore each model...try till u like...be comfortable with the functions...and not jus the looks

happy shooting
;)

Thanks alot guys!!!so nice to have advices from u guys!!:cool: ;)

If I am not mistaken, Canon G2 has larger aperture lens than Nikon CP 5k. It means you can have more bokeh (blur background) when shooting portrait at maximum aperture, and faster speed in low light. G2 is so much cheaper (S$500?) than CP 5k...you can buy lots of accessory with that saving.

Btw, if you can wait for another week or so, there might be a few new series of CoolPix coming out. Wait for the announcement by Nikon USA on the 29th May 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.