pls help i'm new! thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrmom

Jul 23, 2007
hi,

i have two kids below 2yrs old. i plan to get a new digital camera to capture beautiful pictures of them. currently i have a sony 3.2mp which i have used for 5yrs. pls reccomend me one which u guys or gals think will suit me. i have a budget of $600 and below, as u know kids tend to move alot so does a camera with image stabilizer/double anti-blur be better than those without? thanks!

:)

find one that has the shortest shutter lag.

sorry i'm not very into the features though i'm already using one. wat is shutter lag? ;p

sorry i'm not very into the features though i'm already using one. wat is shutter lag? ;p
shutter lag is the time taken when u press the shutter and the camera record the image. Thus, the short time or immediate is better.

btw what is ur budget ?

shutter lag is the time taken when u press the shutter and the camera record the image. Thus, the short time or immediate is better.

btw what is ur budget ?

am i able to get one below $600?

there are few camera which i saw with 7,8 and 10 mega pixels... correct me if im wrong that the only diff between these cams is only when u develope photos which are bigger?

$600 huh?

well, you can try fuji's f31fd or an s6500fd.

in favour of f31fd...
better iso performance
smaller, more compact

in favour of s6500fd...
better overall performer
wide angle
more powerful flash, (if you wanna use it

fuji really make value-for-money cameras...

hi,

i have two kids below 2yrs old. i plan to get a new digital camera to capture beautiful pictures of them. currently i have a sony 3.2mp which i have used for 5yrs. pls reccomend me one which u guys or gals think will suit me. i have a budget of $600 and below, as u know kids tend to move alot so does a camera with image stabilizer/double anti-blur be better than those without? thanks!

:)

A builtin image stabiliser is great when you shake rattle and roll...to a point. But if your kids shake rattle and roll. That image stabliser is of very very little help to you. That's the thing most newbies makes the mistake. They think a image stabiliser will steady any shot. Meaning..steady you and steady the kids running about. The feature is suppose to help you get abit more stable with holding your camera STILL especially when you shoot at slower shutter speed but that too...can only go so far...as you take long exposure shots like half a second or more...image stabilizer will not help at all to get you the sharp pictures especially when your subject is moving and your hands starts to shaking from hold too long without support!!! On the other end of the spectrum. If you kids don't sit still or stand still when you click, well.....your ONLY chance of getting sharp photos would be you are shooting outdoor in strong sunlight that afford you to set your camera shutter speed beyond say 1/250 or faster so that you can freeze motion. Photography is a balancing act most of the time. There is no one quick fix to everything...even with the most expensive cameras. Of course you could flash everything you shoot to freeze motion..but as I say...balancing act...once you get out of the safe zone, even flash will not get you the sharp shots you want.

Judging by what you ask, I have to say getting the camera is only the begning of your journey to taking great pictures ofyour kids. You need to get some lesson how to shot and learnt how a camera function well enough to know it's strength and weakness before you start planing to take great shots. It just never happen like that. $600 should get you a pretty good camera in the PnS category and maybe even the prosumer range. I am sure alot of folks here would be able to name you quite a few but ultimately...none of those camera will help you unless you take the time to learn it's feature well. A good example is what are you doing with your current 3.2 mp camera? If you can't shoot sharp non blur with that old thing...chances are hign you will not with your new camera too. Well maybe just abit better but not a whole lot more and $600 might not be worth it then if you think about it.

Well that is my two cents and a difference perspective on the issue. Keep that in mind as you go about learning photography.

sorry if i so stupid lol,

regarding those iso concerns, the larger it is the blurrer the pic?

really appreciate all yr comments n help cos i read abit n are not too sure yet.

if blurrer means less details, then yes high ISO gives less details than lower ones.. but then you'll get a faster shutter speed which helps freeze motion/hand shake..

hi thanks for yr input. so which camera do u think i should get to start off with the journey to learn photography plus take nice pictures of them? lol

as what machiavellian and blazer_workz have suggested, the f31d is quite a good start..

this is not a laughing matter...getting the right digicam is serious stuff, especially if you dun want to regret that pricey tag you paid for...
:bsmilie:

yes i know that's why i'm seeking reccomendations by ppl. besides the fuji f31, wat other brands?

Canon's powershot series is also another good start.. value for money and lotsa manual control..

Canon's powershot series is also another good start.. value for money and lotsa manual control..

was looking at their a630 or a640... i like sony t20 design but dun have much review on that camera... nice look only???

was looking at their a630 or a640... i like sony t20 design but dun have much review on that camera... nice look only???

powershot A640 is oso another good cam..but not so suitable for low light condition (e.g. nite photography)..still can take pics just that the noise is pretty high under low light condition..as for camera resolution u dun really need something that is very high resolution..a 5MP digicam will give u very decent 4R prints..furthermore if u get a very high resolution digicam, another concern will be the storage..u will need bigger sD or xD cards and even bigger harddisk for storage of pics..

then may i know where can i get the fujifilm s6500fd? at the cheapest rate i mean, how much is it selling at now? anybody just bought it?

can share? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.