Pls assist me! Homepage on IE can't change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzechuan

Sep 17, 2003
Visit site
Anyone out there can help?? :dunno:

My homepage on IE has been "locked" by a particular website. No longer able to change the homepage anymore :confused:

How to "unlock" the cell huh??

Thanks in advance!

Try downloading adaware and do a system scan, might have been 'infiltrated' by unknown spywares.

Don't use IE. Firefox is FREE! :nono:

i got this prob when i surf a few pages and then suddenly this cannot find page thing comes on...

downloaded firefox...works but then i try to download plugins cannot haiz...

prob la comp ahah..

will need to edit ur registry. try playing with the entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER => SOFTWARE => MICROSOFT => INTERNET EXPLORER => MAIN

note that u might need to change more than juz the entry for START PAGE. look ard for the PREFIX entry used for all pages as u might have to change that too.

if u cant run "regedit", get a 3rd party registry editor.

scan for spyware or watever ware u might hav on ur comp.

Hope this helps!

Hi All

Have rectified the problem with all your help. I downloaded Ad-aware, did a scan and solved the problem! ;) (homepage cell "unlocked"! :thumbsup: )

Also downloaded Firefox brower to try! :bsmilie:

Thanks Tech-kies!

download ad-aware. Scan your computer. You may have gotten a spyware. Check also your bookmark for illegal entries.

Must say that CSers always respond in surprising fast time whenever help is needed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Becareful,it's addictive. ;)

Sometimes if adaware doesn't work you can try searching the windows registry for that particular url & deleting it.

Firefox!! Firefox!! Firefox!!

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.