pls advise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwrath

Jan 5, 2010
Hi I'm new to photography. Im very interested in macro photography. please advise what type of lens and flash i should buy for a nikon D5000. thx! :D

Hi I'm new to photography. Im very interested in macro photography. please advise what type of lens and flash i should buy for a nikon D5000. thx! :D

You sd at least give us ur budget and the fill us in on what type of macro exactly are u into? Flora? Bugs? Daily Abstracts?

For Nikon - There's 60mm/105mm/200mm - only the 1st 2 comes in AFS ver (for ur D5000), but nt that macro shooters care as macro s mostly manual.

For 3rd Party - We have Tammron 90mm/180mm, Sigma 105mm/150mm, Tokina 100mm etc..

For Flash - There are infinite possibilities, much depends on hw u wish to deploy ur setup, as the key is to get diffused even natural lighting for ur subjects..

It really depends on hw deep ur pockets goes

And i suggest you tried googling for "lighting for macro photography" and read more abt it before making any purchase

Oh sorry, my bad :(...

errm my budget is about $1500. my choice of photography will be bugs. :)

you know your budget.
You have the shortlist of lenses put forth by Numnumball...

You know what else to do next, ya?

Welcome to CS :) Adding to numnumballs list is you can get a close-up filter also ;)

W/ the budget of $1500, can simply get the Nikon AFS VR 105mm F2.8..

Would suggest you use a raynox macro lens or some cheap close-up filters first. You would need a decent flash system though - probably a ringflash.

Macrophotography is not as easy as it looks, the shallow depth of focus and the moving targets is very good training for patience. :bsmilie:

You would also need a good tripod to reduce handshake.

So if you're just "very interested", give it a try. You can always sell off the raynox - the flash and tripod are fundamental.

There are more to explore later - reverse adapters, bellows, extension tubes... only if your interest becomes a passion ;p

Haha thanks a bunch. :) you guys a really helpful.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.