pls advise: SLR cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jac

Nov 10, 2003
Near Serangoon Gardens
i'm kinda getting interested in still photography and would like to get a SLR camera... something 2nd hand cos now tight budget. any brands/models to recommend?

if you have one for sale, pls contact me too..

thanks.

Digital Or Film ?

me selling CANON EOS 5.

jac said:
i'm kinda getting interested in still photography and would like to get a SLR camera... something 2nd hand cos now tight budget. any brands/models to recommend?

if you have one for sale, pls contact me too..

thanks.

REally depends on what your budget is. Perhaps if you tell us that, we might be able to recommend a decent camera for that kinda price.

Consider a F80 kit to start off, there's a promotion for Nikon F80 + Flash, if you don't want the flash let me know, I'll take it from you.

:) Similarly the EOS 300v is quite a nice price to kick it off as well.

espn said:
Consider a F80 kit to start off, there's a promotion for Nikon F80 + Flash, if you don't want the flash let me know, I'll take it from you.

:) Similarly the EOS 300v is quite a nice price to kick it off as well.

The F80 is a very decent camera and I would recommend getting it. However, think that the Nikon "promotion" is a little overpriced.

Jac might want to consider a second hand SLR. Think there are quite a few people sellign off their F80s. check out the buy and sell threads.

if you're looking for brand new, consider the nikon F75 or F65 to start off with.
for 2nd hand, an F801 or 801s, it's enough to keep an amature growing and a pro happy. Or maybe you can pick up a good F601, also a great workhorse in capable hands.

(apologies if i'm nikon biased. :D )

u can try the EOS 50 . saw quite afew selling at TCW . very good camera indeed ! price only around 350.

...you might want to consider an manual SLR, Pentax spotmatic, Nikon Fe2, Fm2, F4.... :cool:

i'm looking for film SLR.. digital too expensive already..

have budget of around $300+.

got some offers for Canon EOS 300 and 300V.. if you have a 300V for sale, pls contact me.

(I really don't know anything about the other brands and models... unless you provide a link.)

Thanks

jac said:

got some offers for Canon EOS 300 and 300V.. if you have a 300V for sale, pls contact me.

(I really don't know anything about the other brands and models... unless you provide a link.)

Thanks

Of all SLR, Minolta has to be the cheapest, but saying so, it has no resale value too ..... just to caution you ...... get a secondhand Dynx Body, I can give you a spare Tamron 28-200 lens, if you want ..... (My body is currently under evaluation by someone who might want to purchase it).

jac said:

Thanks
I would encourage u to try to get the 300v over 300 coz the 300v has a steel mount and the 300 has a plastic one.

blurblock said:
Of all SLR, Minolta has to be the cheapest, but saying so, it has no resale value too ..... just to caution you ...... get a secondhand Dynx Body, I can give you a spare Tamron 28-200 lens, if you want ..... (My body is currently under evaluation by someone who might want to purchase it).

Yah, agree with you, Minolta gives you the bang for the bucks!!

Eh, can I also evaluate your "BODY"... :D

u will need 2 save up more...

also need to think about whether if u will really become "hooked" full time on photo-ing. when that happens, then welcome to the world of toys :cool:

but always remember what u want to shoot --thats the source of visual inspiration

blurblock said:

Eh blurblock, thought that person has already decided to get the body from u? ;)

vivientan said:
Eh blurblock, thought that person has already decided to get the body from u? ;)

Hehehe ..... say want to evaluate first ..... so let him evaluate lor ..... me quite confident in my maintenance :) .... Look at my Flashlight :) Looks as good as new ;) ..... Whahahahahahhaa

vader said:
Yah, agree with you, Minolta gives you the bang for the bucks!!

Eh, can I also evaluate your "BODY"... :D

Don't want .... me shy ...... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.