Pledge a Cartonbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
As there were so many requests for carton boxes, I would like to appeal to the CS members to pledge and contribute some $ for carton boxes. I have contacted our company's suppliers in Malaysia to give us a special price for the carton boxes (Cash term required) ..... RM1-00 for single-walled and RM1-85 for double-walled.... this is about the best I can squeeze from them. If there is enough contributions from the members here, I am prepared to order and pay first, say 1,000 cartonboxes and probably use my own facility to transport these cartons from Johore to Singapore and then deliver to the respective locations as and when requested ..... what do you think guys?
Carton size: 45cm x 35cm x 30cm.
Single-walled : for probably for one-time usage, blankets, towels, etc...
Double-walled: for medicine, food, etc...
Please pledge generously ....
I will collect the money during a seed session or will contact you later.

I pledge:
1. example nickxxx $20

pledging food or $$ better right ?

donate $$ to Red cross,they order food also come ready packed..

kex said:
pledging food or $$ better right ?

donate $$ to Red cross,they order food also come ready packed..
go down to some of the centres and see for yourself why they need carton boxes badly for those items donated by many ppl ... also a lot of the foodstuffs ... you still need cartons to contain the items and later distribute them in the relief areas. if all donations are in the form of $$$ then of course there is no need for these cartons.
please make an effort to go down and have a look ....

As there were so many requests for carton boxes, I would like to appeal to the CS members to pledge and contribute some $ for carton boxes. I have contacted our company's suppliers in Malaysia to give us a special price for the carton boxes (Cash term required) ..... RM1-00 for single-walled and RM1-85 for double-walled.... this is about the best I can squeeze from them. If there is enough contributions from the members here, I am prepared to order and pay first, say 1,000 cartonboxes and probably use my own facility to transport these cartons from Johore to Singapore and then deliver to the respective locations as and when requested ..... what do you think guys?

I pledge:
1. Gymrat76 $20

Bro, perhaps you can list your bank account, then donors just direct transfer to your account?

Gymrat76 said:

I pledge:
1. Gymrat76 $20

Bro, perhaps you can list your bank account, then donors just direct transfer to your account?

Thanks for your kind support .... don't worry about the money ... let's make it happen first and i will settle the payment on my side first and then i will see how to go about collecting from you. I think i can still afford the whole amount if everyone decides not to honour the pledges ...hehe juz joking.... but charity sake... it's no big deal.

I pledge:
1. Gymrat76 $20
2. Renegade $50

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
yo! i sponsor 50 bucks can?

Really touched by you all ....

I pledge:
1. Gymrat76 $20
2. Renegade $50
3. Del_CtrinoAlt $50

mean time i will also be those garang guni going around to source for empty boxes... hehee... if i find any i will bring them to the nearest collection centre!!!

btw anybody need help to transport their unwanted clothes, blankets, etc? i will drive my company van around sg to collect & drop them off nearest collection centre or to your prefered places...

i have also classmates whom are malays donating their old scafs, malay clothings etc, think should go to the indonesian area, anybody know where to drop them? can't drop at the sri lanka temple rite?

calisc said:
Here's my bit to help out

I pledge:
1. Gymrat76 $20
2. Renegade $50
3. Del_CtrinoAlt $50
4. calisc $20
OK, thanks to the above kind souls ....
we will have to drop this pledge because most of the places have stopped accepting donation in kinds except $$$ so there is not no need for carton boxes.
Appreciate you kind gesture!
Thread close.

Status
Not open for further replies.