Please share your photos by a Pentax camera here III :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frangipani (K20D with DA 50-200mm)

3417481127_5f708271ca_o.jpg

3418291418_2ea43d9e75_o.jpg

Excellent, like them both.

Rochor Canal Road
3419820369_eec1c02647_o.jpg

Roadside trees
3419820513_bfb0ec788b_o.jpg

*istDL2 DA 21mm Limited

creampuff & night86mare: thanks for the tips & suggestions.. will read up & try to shoot more. maybe for the initial period i'll "emulate" certain photos that catch my eye. not easy when both the model & the photographer are complete noobs to portraiture. :sweat:

This is where I need help. Eyes getting old. Are the pics sharp? or FF or BF?
K20D with DA40mm F2.8

IMGP0159.jpg

IMGP0158.jpg

IMGP0168.jpg

Focus here was at the word SanDisk

IMGP0169.jpg

Focus here was at "Chondro-Aid"

THanks guys.

Last edited:
Bro Felix, definitely BF or FF problem, or could be camera shake (SR off or too low shutter speed?) too.

That DA40 is a sharp lens, and should produce much sharper pics than those.

Try putting on tripod and see if the problem persists, otherwise try the focus correction on the K20D, you can correct for FF or BF in small steps IIRC. BTW, it didn't need any correction on my K20D, it was pretty sharp from the beginning itself.

Last edited:
Agree it looks more like camera shake. If you dun like tripod, u can try re-creating your test shots in a much brighter daytime, at a lower ISO ( some i saw is iso800 ) where there is less noise to diffuse the sharpness.

1st pic 1/6s
2nd pic 1/4s
3rd pic 1/15s
4th pic 1/10s

suggest you redo your test in better lighting or on a tripod, bcos it looks like camera shake to me, and at those shutter speeds it's no wonder.

perhaps you could try printing out a focus test chart to confirm. http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/27735-af-adjustment-test-chart-specifically-designed-pentax-dslr-cameras.html

IMGP1358.jpg

I can only afford 1 model. ... will work for milk.... :)
Pentax K100D, Cosina 50/1.4

IMGP6494.jpg

not really good at portraits though.. especially with poses. any tips, short of visiting the P&P sub-forum?

I like this shot, but I feel can make the sepia effect better, also a bit more pp on the face, as the way the face is turned, that angle will make the lower chin look fatter. Also the shadow area can be improved, kinda hidding her beautiful eyes. Just my worthless 2cents.

Did a 3min pp on this shot, hope you don't mind.
drrrrr.jpg

I like this shot, but I feel can make the sepia effect better, also a bit more pp on the face, as the way the face is turned, that angle will make the lower chin look fatter. Also the shadow area can be improved, kinda hidding her beautiful eyes. Just my worthless 2cents.

Did a 3min pp on this shot, hope you don't mind.

thanks for yr advice wrt PP! regarding the sepia effect, i had a choice of several presets but i decided with this one.. so perhaps that's just an individual choice. but i agree with yr other points. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
SSCup21.jpg

K10D, DA*16-50mm

Last edited:
Penang Peranakan Mansion

Mask_Knocker.jpg

K10D, DA*16-50mm

Status
Not open for further replies.