Please Recommend Me a Tripod!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,

am looking for a tripod for my D70,
current set up : D70+Kit Len+70-300mm SIGMA APO II+SB800(going to have soon)
i am 1.75m tall(prefer one that doesnt require me to bend)

prob will upgrade to 70-300(Tokina,the metal built one) or if strike 4D 70-200VR :bsmilie:

so guys, will need a tripod recommendation.

made a trip down to CP and almost bought :

1. SLIK 883 PRO CF D
2. GIOTTOS MH1200(ballhead)

anyone has any view on this 2? and any other recommendations?
budget for ballhead plus tripod will be abt $700.
seriously considering a carbon fibre tripod cos tried the MANFROTTO 055 and i think its too heavy to carry ard. and i m afraid it might just become a white elephant

thanks for any inputs

Why not just ICQ me? :devil:

Go with the Feisol CP tripod and a Superball M-1 ballhead. Total around S$620. That'll be a better choice imo.

Good luck!

oh ya, sorry ah...
but can request u dudes to state the model no., cost and where to get it?

quite eager to get one

and i m so eager for u ppl's views that i paid $2 to use some AH BENG's LAN shop's internet access, cos i wun be back home till late. so after visiting TK, i decided to just post first and read u ppl's advice later! ;)

Hi, I like you, thought of getting a stable one. But I think a heavy tripod is a bundle, so I get the Slik Pro 330DX instead, A.M.T built and can hold my 70-200/4.0, EOS 33 and 420EX flash, total load about 2.2KG+/- (Max is 3KG). If I ever need a heavier load version, the Slik 500DX is only 2.4KG with a panhead. I guess without the panhead, it is very much just like the Slik 883CF in weight. Max load is 5KG (500DX) vs 6KG (883CF). I dun feel there is a difference.... Somemore it is cheaper at $160 and you got a free panhead :bsmilie:

I guess if you are not into tele lens, the 500DX will serve you well, unless you can feel the difference with the 833CF.

Just some feeling about CF tripods (yes I cannot afford it but I feel there are better alternative).

so far i am not into birdies,so i dun think i will be going above 300mm any time soon. does anyone else have any other views on this?

like feisol? akarui? manfrotto CF tripods?

wainism said:
so far i am not into birdies,so i dun think i will be going above 300mm any time soon. does anyone else have any other views on this?

like feisol? akarui? manfrotto CF tripods?
wat's yr budget???
wat's height of tripod do u wan???
wat's yr heaviest setup???
A matter of price u can afford for the tripod and to carry around...
eg, height of a manfrotto 055 is good and price also reasonable, but too heavy to carry for long distance,
CF, manfrotto 441, has reasonably light weight and height. but the price... can get u another lens or CF card???

Bring down yr equipment to the shop and try out the stablity of the tripod with the budget within yr needs.

feisol is good, got the CT3301 aka 3section CF tripod. Quite light, costs around 350 I think, combo with the 486RC2 and you are set.

TMC said:
feisol is good, got the CT3301 aka 3section CF tripod. Quite light, costs around 350 I think, combo with the 486RC2 and you are set.
Agreed.........
one of the lightest.

i brought me stuff down and was abt to get the SLIK 883 CF D but then they didnt have a new piece. Feisols r from where? r the the lower end of Tripods?

and i asked abt the 486(manfrotto right?) , the CP salesman recommended me the Giottos head instead

so how?

so anyone else has any recommendations or views?

Dude, drop by NUG on friday at around 6.30, I'll bring you to CP and help you select one :devil:

Select one that's wayyyyyy out of your budget. :devil:

I second the recommendation to get Feisol! Light and cheap what else do you want? ;) :thumbsup: :sweatsm:

wainism said:
i brought me stuff down and was abt to get the SLIK 883 CF D but then they didnt have a new piece. Feisols r from where? r the the lower end of Tripods?

and i asked abt the 486(manfrotto right?) , the CP salesman recommended me the Giottos head instead

so how?

FEISOL from taiwan

www.feisol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.