Please recommend - Good cloth to clean lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimsim

May 22, 2004
District 12
Hi...been wanting to ask this rather basic question for sometime now: Can anyone recommend a good 'cloth' to clean lenses on the go?

and...where to get it?

I think it's high time I change mine.

Thanks!

Get a chamois if you can find them. Can't go wrong.
You can also get microfiber cloth but personally I think there are so many types out there there is a possibility of getting something that don't work or worse.
Also get a lens pen to go along.

I recommend you to use filters on your lenses.
I usually use my T-shirt to clean the filters, while doin events, sports etc.
Once at home, I use cleaning solution, lens paper/lenspen

get those microfibre cloth from the spectacle shop where you (or ur frenz) got ur glasses prescribed :)

use t-shirt will do.
new lens nowadays are multicoated so it's very scratch resistant anyway.

Why don't you get PEC PADs? These lint free wipes are disposable (sort of like tissue paper) and one thick stack cost $15. I have my first pack since one year ago and still haven't use finish. When using re-usable, you have to be very careful because you'll never know, since the last time you used it, if the cloth has sand or other harmful particles trapped in the fibre.

If I'm not wrong Swarovski has a cleaning kit. It includes micro fiber gloves, micro fiber cloth, brush & cleaning solution.

Thanks people. Actually I'm quite aware of using T-shirts and etc...Watsons Tissue etc...but my concern is because of my 10.5mm Fisheye which CANNOT attach a filter in the front element so...quite concern about getting that scratched - Last week during a shoot accidentally touch the front element with my sweaty hands :bheart:

So...Pec Pads, Chamois...what else and where is a good place to get these?

THanks

IIRC TK Foto still have some chamois leather with them but I also suggest getting a lens pen to go with it. For light finger prints lens pen alone is OK.

dimsim said:
Thanks people. Actually I'm quite aware of using T-shirts and etc...Watsons Tissue etc...but my concern is because of my 10.5mm Fisheye which CANNOT attach a filter in the front element so...quite concern about getting that scratched - Last week during a shoot accidentally touch the front element with my sweaty hands :bheart:

So...Pec Pads, Chamois...what else and where is a good place to get these?

THanks

Status
Not open for further replies.