Please recommend a table-top tripod

chicken chop

May 1, 2006
I will be going for a holiday next month, would like to buy a table-top tripod for my setup: a Nikon D3100 with Sigma 30mm lens and maybe a Nikon SB400 flash. My budget is less than $100. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.

chicken chop said:
I will be going for a holiday next month, would like to buy a table-top tripod for my setup: a Nikon D3100 with Sigma 30mm lens and maybe a Nikon SB400 flash. My budget is less than $100. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.

You can use a bean bag instead.

Never use a bean bag before :p how big is it? I am thinking of using it to take family photos in restaurant too . Is it feasible?:think::think:

gorillapod

Gorillapod slr zoom

Never use a bean bag before :p how big is it? I am thinking of using it to take family photos in restaurant too . Is it feasible?:think::think:

Get a "travel tripod" and just don't extend the legs

Get a "travel tripod" and just don't extend the legs

I have already a slik sprint mini gm for travelling but am thinking of going even "lighter" for this trip.
I am only going to take environmental portraits and street photography. The tripod is only for "just in case" - Singaporean kiasu symptom :p

After searching the Internet, have narrow down to either Slik mini pro DQ or the Slik mini II :think:
Any comments or suggestion?

Thanks everyone for the suggestion :)
I have already buy the Slik mini II

Where did you buy it,bro? How much?

I'm too busy to go around asking for the price :p
So i got mine via EBay at US$20.28, pay via PayPal S$26.47. Shipping free.

Hi chicken chop

What can u say abt your Slik Mini II?
Is it stable?

You can use a rice bag too.

5kg one. Jin Fei Ren Golden Flying Man brand not bad.

I'll go for Gorrilapod

Hi chicken chop

What can u say abt your Slik Mini II?
Is it stable?

LoL it's still BNIB. I got myself a manfrotto 209 and didn't use the Slik Mini II :p