Please recommend a nice DSLR travel sling bag for ladies. TIA!

chameleon20

Jul 31, 2008
Hihi, I have been searching for a perfect travel sling bag to accomodate my DSLR and other accessories but till today, I am unable to find one.
I have a Crumpler 6 million dollar but I realise this bag is too small for me when I go travelling.
Besides D40 + 18-105mm lens, I recently just added a Holga camera & a vivitar UWS. I need to put my wallet, flight tickets, boarding passes, films, ishuffle, iphone, lip balm and some ladies stuff :embrass: etc into the bag.
Can you guys recommend a good and affordable sling bag which can accomodate all these stuff together but yet not too bulky? I know this is tough but would there really be such bag??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Can try the lowepro classified series.

Can try the lowepro classified series.

Thanks, I went to lowepro website but can't really find sling camera bags. They are mostly backpacks which is not suitable for me if I go travelling as I might also carry a big backpack for my clothes. Hence looking for a sling camera bag that can go across my body after carrying the backpack...

How about a Billingham Hadley Pro? :)

billingham_hadley_pro_full.jpg

Can try Lowepro Exchange Messenger or the Crumpler 7 Million Dollar.

Hihi, I have been searching for a perfect travel sling bag to accomodate my DSLR and other accessories but till today, I am unable to find one.
I have a Crumpler 6 million dollar but I realise this bag is too small for me when I go travelling.
Besides D40 + 18-105mm lens, I recently just added a Holga camera & a vivitar UWS. I need to put my wallet, flight tickets, boarding passes, films, ishuffle, iphone, lip balm and some ladies stuff :embrass: etc into the bag.
Can you guys recommend a good and affordable sling bag which can accomodate all these stuff together but yet not too bulky? I know this is tough but would there really be such bag??

Thanks in advance!

I am using a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home. in it: wallet, towel, tissue, note pad, paperbag book, spectacle case, 24-105mm lens, 50mm lens, extra batt, cf cards, compass, umbrella, drinking bottle... I think you should take a look. it is probably what you need.

I guess you are referring to shoulder bag as you have crumpler 6mil.

What kinda bag are you looking for? lady look? If not you can consider domke F2 which is from canvas material. Since it is canvas material, it wont look big and boxy like crumpler million series. But really it doesn't have the lady look at all :)

Frankly speaking, you really have a strong shoulder. :bigeyes:

[vid]kbQeTVEa2DI&feature=related[/vid]

[vid]VZgRJRCHUic&feature=related[/vid]

http://www.jill-e.com/

This one looks more like what an Archeologist or Anthropologist might use if they want to look a bit 'stylo' ... at least it has what looks like METAL rings and clasps. Plastic has been known to fail and cam bags go crashing! Serious. Do a search here on CS.

[vid]qIj-iPAuEd8&feature=related[/vid]

Or there's always the limited art edition padded and reinforced 'YAOHAN' Shopping Bag for all the times you want potential thieves to think you're just carrying the groceries home!

maybe checkout KATA DB-455, I know its not a sling bag, but I think it can meet your needs ;)

Thanks in advance!

buy a pretty sling bag and buy inserts from Sim Lim Sq. I can't think of a better idea than this.

First off, this is not a cheap solution but I happen to think that the bag is super well-designed and very hardy.

The bag is known as the Gator Bag (http://www.redoxx.com/Airline-Carry-On-Luggage/Gator-Carry-On-Bag/91002-Gator/100-10/product) and it is made in the USA. I used it with a camera insert, and it holds my D90 (with 18-105mm) and SB600 in the main compartment with at least one third space left to hold your Holga, UWS and film. Your wallet can also probably fit in with no issue. There is an internal pocket that can probably hold your flight tickets and boarding passes. There are two pouches in front that can hold your iphone, ishuffle, sunglasses, lip balm etc etc.

There are two side pockets - I use one to hold a water bottle when I am walking about. There s another zippered pocket at the back of the bag that can hold your passport and other stuff.

It is well-made, not water-proof but water resistant, and from what I read it is considered a "personal item" that you can carry onto the plane together with your one bag allowance. It looks small but fits a darn lot of stuff.

It is not that pretty though.

Thanks in advance!

Think Tank Urban Disguise series???

Here

.....kaozzz....only in Clubsnap..... you see men advising a woman on what bag to get..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: