Please recommend a laptop under $2000 for travelling photography purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

achanth

Dec 12, 2005
www.photography-xylec.blogspot.com
Appreciate your experience in the laptop, mostly to download photos, some editing with photoshop and access net to forum.
Should not be too heavy, neither too basic, like the netbook, which I consider too limited in speed and storage space.

A pre-owned laptop -where to get this for photography-also would be good.Thanks.

Appreciate your experience in the laptop, mostly to download photos, some editing with photoshop and access net to forum.
Should not be too heavy, neither too basic, like the netbook, which I consider too limited in speed and storage space.

A pre-owned laptop -where to get this for photography-also would be good.Thanks.

Netbooks too slow to use Photoshop and LR right? Anyway, I am using an old P4 to do PS and LR work. It is HELLA SLOW! Almost unbearable.

2000 is actually a very good budget for a notebook. If you say under 1000 it will be a lot more challenging.

Ya, but the new version seems like a pretty good upgrade to the aluminum body.
Sleeker and able to dissipate the heat faster. Probably gives you a better durability for travelling too.

the alum macbooks are over 2k...

the below 2k version is the white plastic one.

plastic one + additional 2GB ram.. still below 2k ;p

Acer 6935 power!!!

a Dell Mini 9 running Leopard 10.5.6 off a 32G SSD. 2G RAM. 16G SD as Image Library. wt: 1kg. 8.9" LED display.

Performance: every bit as good if not better than my friend's MacBook Air. Software: Aperture with Nik complete plug-in.

Cost: Dell mini 9 - $499; 6 hrs of h-work (h stands for hard-) is priceless :sweatsm:

3537321537_fa3cdf269b_o.jpg

MBAir nano sitting on a 15" MacBook Pro for size comparison.

wallis

eh pardon me newb, how come can install leopard on the netbook?! :bigeyes:

Please also note that it is against the Software Licence Agreements (SLA) to run OS X on a non Apple-labeled computer.

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. Single Use. This License allows you to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. You agree not to install, use
or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-labeled computer, or to enable others to do so.
This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on mcomputer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time.

Source: http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/macosx105.pdf

So put an Apple label on the computer then. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.