Please recommend a dslr camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Planning to get through 0% instalment. been using a second hand Canon 300D to get used to using a DSLR functions and features. I find that most of the shoots i do are indoor events so i need something that is relatively noise free at iso1600 even if cropped and also something that is fast to write the pictures to the memory card.

Are there any DSLR with built in stabilization for handheld usage like during live performances and so on?

Any second hand or even third hand bodies that have the above features?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried a search? Any form of research? You would then have found that Sony, Pentax and Olympus have built-in stabilization. For Canon and Nikon, you need to buy an IS lens.

Now, check the marketplace section to see what's on sale, then research the models online.

Have you tried a search? Any form of research? You would then have found that Sony, Pentax and Olympus have built-in stabilization. For Canon and Nikon, you need to buy an IS lens.

Now, check the marketplace section to see what's on sale, then research the models online.
Currently am, posted to cover if in case got miss anything. The Sony line looks promising especially A700 as well as Pentax K20D.

Last edited:
For live performances you need fast glass, not IS.
i am considering all options. asked a friend to lend his 70-200 mm f2.8 L USM for another event.

Last edited:
Currently am, posted to cover if in case got miss anything. The Sony line looks promising especially A700 as well as Pentax K20D.

Both are solid cams. Especially in RAW, or the A700 if it's been updated to v4 firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.