Please Recommend A Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom7

Nov 15, 2002
www.japanranchu.com
Hi guys

I am new to this forum and also rather new to photography.

Am interested in getting a DC.

Have narrowed down my choice to Canon Ixus V3 or S45.

Would appreciate if you guys can give me comments on these 2 models and also what other models are compatible.

:)

Hi, i narrow down to the same 2 cam with you. But size is the main piority, so i choose v3 over s45. My main concern is the red-eye problem mention everywhere. Like to know whether is there any other hidden problem for v3 ?

Go for the S45 pal.

The review on it is fabulous!

Highly recommended. By far the best ultra compact DC in the market right now. :thumbsup:

hi guys, i'm also new in this forum.

i'm also getting a DC but i have narrowed my choices down to fujifilm s304, nikon 4500 a, v3 and olympus 730.
what i was looking at was the size, at least 3x optical zoom, 3 megapix and fine quality pics.
however, i realised some cameras run on aa batt as well, making it more safer as we can get the batt anytime anytwhere and i also found out that dif cameras use dif memory format and also at dif price.

pls advice... thnx

Originally posted by Conn
hi guys, i'm also new in this forum.

i'm also getting a DC but i have narrowed my choices down to fujifilm s304, nikon 4500 a, v3 and olympus 730.
what i was looking at was the size, at least 3x optical zoom, 3 megapix and fine quality pics.
however, i realised some cameras run on aa batt as well, making it more safer as we can get the batt anytime anytwhere and i also found out that dif cameras use dif memory format and also at dif price.

pls advice... thnx

Base on your above choices, I'd recommend you the Olympus 730, the one with the 10X optical Zoom and it's a 3 mega DC.
It accepts both smartmedia and the new Xcard. And as for price wise, it's a good buy.

:thumbsup:

thnx Mr Big,

however, what i found out is that the s304 has video conferencing functions, does the c730 have this function as well??
and based on a 1k budget m i able to get all the spare batt n memory storage required???

pls advise again...thnx

Originally posted by Conn
thnx Mr Big,

however, what i found out is that the s304 has video conferencing functions, does the c730 have this function as well??
and based on a 1k budget m i able to get all the spare batt n memory storage required???

pls advise again...thnx

730 can record movie clips with audio
who bothers abt video conferencing feature
to me so long as i take take good quality pics and movies and the price is right then that's abt it
u got 1k budget? u defintely can buy many other accessories such as lens adapter and of cos big memory storage.
:thumbsup:

Try reading Digital How To guide-Special edition 2002 mag found at Borders before u make any purchase cost $13.80. The mag tells u what to look for when buying a DC. Some guidelines for u to understand more abt Digital photography in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.