Please recommend a bag for holidays

Apr 14, 2008
Planning a month long trip with the family so besides my camera + 2 lens, need to fit diapers also LOL. Any medium sized bag to recommend? Slight preference to sling type as it's easier to store/remove items.

I am using the Tenba DNA 15 Messenger bag.
Another I would recommend is Think Tank Photo say the Exposure series or the Spectral series. Previously I was considering the Citywalker 30 but the series has been discontinued.

Good luck!~

Sling is a good for ease of access but often the weight distribution isn't ideal if you are carrying lots of things, especially water, which is rather important when you are out and about.

I'd suggest Lowepro's video fastpack 250 aw. It's nice and big to carry the essential toiletries, a jacket, a medium sized dslr, two lenses, a gorillapod, a 15" laptop, essential documents and still have space to spare for food, souvenirs and other things. Only downside is the water bottle compartment is way too big and the zips cannot be locked. I just hook my bottle onto the tripod anchors on the side and velcro the zips together when I'm in transit.

There's also a side access for the bottom compartment so if you store things right most of the time you won't have to fumble around to get what you need. It's also all black so an added bonus of being discreet.

Haha, another one of those loaded questions, with everyone having their own preferences. If you're just shooting casual (and if you're travelling with family, it will probably be) there are loads of choices. I'd use my old Lowepro Passport Sling -- a small m43 body, 2 small lenses, and some space for odds and ends (and diapers). Or a 'non-photographer' bag, just drop in some dividers.

What camera body are you using?

Thanks for your replies. I am using A7R2 with 16-35f4 and 55f1.8. I had a look at Lowepro's video fastpack 250 aw this weekend. Its functional but design wise a bit boring. Tenba looks good though. Any comments on Billingham Hadley Pro?

Hi, we have similar loads just that instead of a A7R2, I use the GFX or the X-T system with 1 or 2 lenses plus the basic toddler necessities. Foremost I will recommend a backpack, preferably a side-access one too. The Peak Design 20L is one such example. I am currently using the Vinta Type II (link) and it basically fulfils my packing needs, even when I need to bring the longer XF100-400mm along.

Planning a month long trip with the family so besides my camera + 2 lens, need to fit diapers also LOL. Any medium sized bag to recommend? Slight preference to sling type as it's easier to store/remove items.

I like to use either a Domke F1 (sling) or a Lowepro Inverse 200 AW waist) .

The Domke will have plenty of space, and since its clothing and diapers, they are bulky but not heavy all in.
Its a shoulder bag with the usual carrying issues of course.

The Inverse won't be able to carry the diapers/clothes in the bag, but it frees up you shoulders and back to carry another bag for those.
If its only a few pieces of baby items, you can also have external pouches attached to the bag to carry them.
A waist style bag does not cause shoulder strain which is a big plus.
In places where there are plenty of photo opportunities, I will usually position the bag to the front.

Reactions: Ah Keong
Thanks for your recommendations. Just got Peak Design 20L and Billingham Hadley Pro for different trips.