Please No Raw

hehe on an off topic note since this is kopitiam talk.... this header can also refer to the lack of demand for raw fish in the markets/hawker centres due to the bacterial infections linked to the amputation cases...

Does this read : only SOOC camera JPEGs are accepted ?

Voila! Validation of something jpeg shooters have known all along. :)

Does this read : only SOOC camera JPEGs are accepted ?

But using what in cam settings? "Vivid", for example, can? And only B&W shots from a dedicated B&W cam allowed?

Last edited:
But using what in cam settings? "Vivid", for example, can? And only B&W shots from a dedicated B&W cam allowed?

It's just one damn agency and this is more about solving a small tiny problem by using a sledgehammer to a tiny nail. Sorta of like our BAN ON BUBBLE GUM... just because of a few irresponsible idiots who stick used gum all over instead of disposing of it, so authority ban it.

I can think of so many reason for their doing so including one where that person who implemented this is not even a photographer but a pen pusher. So a large hammer was used to solve it.

Last edited:
It is a reaction to all of the faked photoshopped chicanery that goes on nowadays. Mass media is losing it's credibility but for more reasons than just this little deal. I like the idea. Reportage is reportage. Say you are a combat photographer. Shoot RAW so you can enhance the colors and all of that jazz??? LOL No sir that is not what it is about if you ask me. There is some question about even some of that old 'raw' film stuff being faked. The dying Spanish soldier by Capa is said to be staged. Also the buzzard going to eat starving baby picture by bang bang club guy also said to be staged.

It is a reaction to all of the faked photoshopped chicanery that goes on nowadays. Mass media is losing it's credibility but for more reasons than just this little deal. I like the idea. Reportage is reportage. Say you are a combat photographer. Shoot RAW so you can enhance the colors and all of that jazz??? LOL No sir that is not what it is about if you ask me. There is some question about even some of that old 'raw' film stuff being faked. The dying Spanish soldier by Capa is said to be staged. Also the buzzard going to eat starving baby picture by bang bang club guy also said to be staged.

Last time I checked: Photoshop works fine with JPEG. And yes, never believe a photo - film or digital. In fact, one's eyes do a lot of lying too so don't trust them either.

Yep...can use PS to do minor manipulation like crop to SOOC jpeg for submission to Reuters. No artists allowed! MSM becoming more and more something everyday...

there is not so much about film or digital, raw or jpg,

the bottom line is the integrity of the photographers,
when this is absent, there is no authenticity of photojournalism.

nothing could help.