Please let me know how I could Improve...my first shot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortis

Jan 11, 2008
Hi,
I m new here to this wonderful forum... I hv an interest in watches, but hv recently love to shoot watches fotos as well.

Could anyone kindly let me know how I can improve this shot ? I found many watch shots on website that are very well taken and sharp but I just can't do it.. thanx.

P1010011.jpg

Hi,
I m new here to this wonderful forum... I hv an interest in watches, but hv recently love to shoot watches fotos as well.

Could anyone kindly let me know how I can improve this shot ? I found many watch shots on website that are very well taken and sharp but I just can't do it.. thanx.

P1010011.jpg

the shadow is to harsh. perhaps you wish to a small and cheap studio light tent of this purpose
http://www.diyphotography.net/homestudio/super-simple-light-tent

besides using light tent...
its not compulsory but i think its more appealing if you set the time to 10:10 or 1:50.. :dunno:

Hope you don't mind me being frank, I think this face on shot with the harsh lighting and lack of contrast does not work. Putting the watch right in the watch casing doesn't looks appealing too.
I suggest you change the angle of the watch and using a plain and an uncluttered background (preferably Black /White in your case)would work better. The lighting also needs to be more even. That's just my opinion though.

well... since you wanna know how to improve...

step 1 - remove it out of the box
step 2 - find a suitable background to place the item
step 3 - postition light in a position its supposed to be (be creative yet showcase the items with minimum reflection)

Status
Not open for further replies.