Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candylove

Apr 18, 2005
HI brothers its me again. I sincerely hope all the brothers and sister here can help me to do a survey.

I know most of you all need CF card but can u advise me

1) Which brand are u keen ?
2) Which memory u prefer ?
3) The price range

1) Lexar 80X
2) Compact Flash
3) FOC is best

1) sandisk ultra or extreme
2) 1gb or 2gb
3) free

thanks you can PM me for my address to give it to me! ;)

Sandisk Ultra II 1-2GB
80 - 120 SGD will be good (hey friends...help her out lah..people doing survey leh).

1) Lexar
2) 8GB
3) SGD 150 - 400

1) Lexar 80X
2) 1gb
3) best if below 120.. :devil:

Candylove said:
HI brothers its me again. I sincerely hope all the brothers and sister here can help me to do a survey.

3) The price range

Kingston Elite Pro
1Gb
$100~$110

SanDisk Extreme III
2GB
$250 ;p <- i must be dreaming

Candylove said:

3) The price range

Well...it depend which cam u using....if u using just a norm P&S cam, just get a norm speed card can liao....coz even if u purchase a super high speed card, u also won't be able to utilise the full speed actually...

My opinion.... :)
1) Sandisk, Lexar
2) 1G
3) As cheap as possible....but eastgear got quite a good price for the cards...

i vote for sandisk ultra II

btw some cams like Ixus 30/40/50/700 will need a high speed card (> 40x) to record unlimited videos....so it also depend whether ur cam got this function and whether u want to take videos also... :)

I am a real real slow shooter.... so I use

1. Hitachi Microdrive or anything cheaper
2. 4GB
3. The Cheaper the better

scramblur11 said:
Well...it depend which cam u using....if u using just a norm P&S cam, just get a norm speed card can liao....coz even if u purchase a super high speed card, u also won't be able to utilise the full speed actually...

My opinion.... :)
1) Sandisk, Lexar
2) 1G
3) As cheap as possible....but eastgear got quite a good price for the cards...

like you i thought my Dynax 7D will max out using a 80x Lexar WA 2GB, but i was quite stunned that the new Sandisk Ultra III 2GB dunno whats the speed rating... when i shoot continuous on the Dynax 7D, the buffer actually clear off very fast, something like Lexar takes 4 sec, Sandisk takes about 1 sec to clear of the buffer. my next card would be an Ultra III, provided i got money..

that's right.. the ultra III has a higher transfer speed than Lexar. Not many reads datasheets like me and most depend on advertised numbers like 80X. If I didn't read the datasheets.. I won't even know :D

But it's my job to read datasheets almost everyday... :bsmilie:

PS: it's rated like 133X some where on the web. Taking DCA's rough estimate for an example (sandisk vs lexar), 133/80 = 1.7 times faster (approx 2). From about <4 secs to clear buffer down to 1sec odd.. is also close to 2 times faster. I would say the 133X rating is pretty accurate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.