Please help to share this - Trouble @ Jalan Suka

ricohflex said:
Part of Geylang is a known red light designated district. Not sure if Jalan Suka is.
If not, then it suffers from spillover due to nearness to Geylang brothel area.

The authorities have a problem.
If they move the red light area away from Geylang, then to WHERE?
Selfish Singaporeans complain when an old folks home or a smaller room type (1 or 2 room) block is planned next to their house.

If they no longer allow designated red light district, then rapes may rise, tourism may drop, money will flow out to Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand for those seeking commercial sex.

Their problem is worsened because large numbers of foreign workers are mostly male and seeking sexual release. Not all can afford top tier prostitutes. So they go around places like Jalan Suka to look for freelance foreign girls on the road side.

Don't hold your breath that this problem at your house will be solved anytime soon.

This problem may end for Jalan Suka if Singapore becomes very poor, Singaporeans can no longer afford even the lower tier foreign prostitutes and instead, our Singaporean girls have to go overseas to work as prostitutes. Did that last statement hit you? Then spare a thought for the poor foreign girls on the road side in the photo. They are doing it for survival because their country did not look after them well enough.

Wahlao, uncle, buay tahan you leh. Like this also can think of. :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Roaring business at Jalan Suka.

ladiesofjalansuka.jpg

Ladies of Jalan Suka in Broad Daylight
Imagery Date: December 2008

tikosofjalansuka.jpg

Grandfathers of Jalan Sukai in Broad Daylight

ladiestikosofjalansuka.jpg

Pimps of Jalan Sukai in Broad Daylight

vendingmachinesofjalans.jpg

Streetside Vending Machines of Jalan Sukai in Broad Daylight

sibei funny, the google van passed by. the people was like " what the hack is that..."

Police Camera of Jalan Suka in Broad Daylight

police camera kenna pasted sticker/painted black is it haha!

even if it falls within red light district, i don't recall soliciting is allowed

matsofjalansuka.jpg

Read in Channel News Asia (CNA) forum on Adam's appeal that Jalan Suka is lowest tier of all "districts" providing professional prostitution services. The cheapest of the cheapest, S$20 for 10 minutes to shoot and go.

Lie down on flea infested mats anywhere on the floor and just "Pew! Pew! Pew!".

police camera kenna pasted sticker/painted black is it haha!

even if it falls within red light district, i don't recall soliciting is allowed
"Waiting for a cab or someone" is not a criminal offence. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Hi to all,
I've just added a video which I've been wanting to take for a long time ... to show to the public that despite SPF's claims that they have been conducting raids and stepping up enforcement, nothing has really changed. Has SPF ever evaluated or/and re-evaluated how effective their strategic approach has been? Are they still thinking they are in control of the law and order here, seriously?

[video=youtube;YihVlWu3sj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YihVlWu3sj8[/video]

Hi to all,
I've just added a video which I've been wanting to take for a long time ... to show to the public that despite SPF's claims that they have been conducting raids and stepping up enforcement, nothing has really changed. Has SPF ever evaluated or/and re-evaluated how effective their strategic approach has been? Are they still thinking they are in control of the law and order here, seriously?

[video=youtube;YihVlWu3sj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YihVlWu3sj8[/video]

facepalm. wow they return bloody fast too! and u take care leh adam. they can roughly guess which place you shot from....

what is he tearing and throwing away? condoms? ur house gate is wide open?

Last edited:
what is he tearing and throwing away? condoms? ur house gate is wide open?

It may be Contraband cigarettes or fake sex pills.
The Indian man was likely to be a foreign worker told by local gangster mastermind to sell Contraband cigarettes and if he is arrested, to be the fall guy.

If the cigarettes were not Contraband, then the police had no right to demand that the Indian man throw them away.

The police constable wanted the Indian man to throw the Contraband cigarettes into the dustbin. And wanted him to tear open the box and throw the individual cigarettes into the very full dustbin.

After the policemen left, the Indian man retrieved the Contraband cigarettes from the dustbin and immediately a crowd gathered around him (maybe to buy the Contraband cigarettes). It looks like the Indian man was then treating the very full dustbin as his storage box for the Contraband cigarettes.

The video is evidence of an Indian man committing many littering offences while under the direct supervision of a constable. See frames around 0:42 and 0:56 into the video. Later on the Indian committed littering again when he threw a packing material into the area in front of the gate of TS's neighbour resident. See frame 3:22.

TS can send this video to police as a feedback on how ineffective their ground patrols are - in controlling Contraband cigarettes and littering.

But there may be deadly gangster reprisals against TS + family. It is not the Indian man as he is just a pawn; but the mastermind gangsters behind the Contraband cigarette trade who may be able to trace which house the video was taken from. Don't under-estimate the violence that gangsters can commit to protect their sources of underworld money within their gangland turf.

Last edited:
$50,000 a month income ???

Adam , rent it out for $20,000 a month and go buy a nice condo somewhere else ..... the rent should pay for your condo in less than 10 years

The activities seem to be contained around that area (really sympathize and unfortunate for you) and will just go elsewhere even if SPF cleans it up

Thanks to all. I'm aware of the repercussions and and now I'm subjected it, walking around with a big bulls-eye and constantly watching over my shoulder when I'm going and leaving home.

Then again, if I have no guts, I wouldn't have lived there for so long.

By the way, anyone can suggest an affordable, high-definition, wide-angle, USB powered camera which allows me to capture video around the clock? The idea is like the in-car camera since I do not require live-feed one and I only need to download the file every few days ...

Thanks to all. I'm aware of the repercussions and and now I'm subjected it, walking around with a big bulls-eye and constantly watching over my shoulder when I'm going and leaving home.

By the way, anyone can suggest an affordable, high-definition, wide-angle, USB powered camera which allows me to capture video around the clock? The idea is like the in-car camera since I do not require live-feed one and I only need to download the file every few days ...

bro... take care. i was attending my friend's grandma's wake at Lorong 21 last night... and he said the situation is quite bad.

but on the bright side, for a passer-by like me, there's lots of eye-candy.

but don't do anything drastic! may the force be with you!

I am currently using a good in-car camera which a view angle of 144 degree.

Adam, brave of you to stand up to all these and write the open letter to the PM

while you are doing this, take care of your privacy and restrict access to some of your photos on the facebook wall album you are linking to here. some of the pictures show your family members I presume and address as well.