Please help this cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunfish

Mar 26, 2005
East of Singapore
Hi all,
I found this male cat loitering in Pasir Ris Street 11, HDB carpark besides Blk 114. It is wandering in the carpark and almost got knocked down by passing cars. I have temporarily adopted this cat, hoping to find its owner. It is a bit skinny and so could have been lost for a while already. It is wearing a collar.

CIMG0836_s.jpg

CIMG0840_s.jpg

If you happen to be the owner or know the owner, please contact me. You will have to describe the type of collar it is wearing.:)

Besides putting up posters in your neighbourhood, you can post this pic in the CWS Lost & Found:

http://www.catwelfare.org/page/id/26

and maybe also notify the SPCA.

In the meantime, provide it with food and fresh tap water (no milk unless you want her to have diarrhea), a litter box and plently of love. She'll warm up to you in no time.

kiat said:
Besides putting up posters in your neighbourhood, you can post this pic in the CWS Lost & Found:

http://www.catwelfare.org/page/id/26

and maybe also notify the SPCA.

In the meantime, provide it with food and fresh tap water (no milk unless you want her to have diarrhea), a litter box and plently of love. She'll warm up to you in no time.

Not SPCA. I heard they put animals to sleep after certain number of days.

Another place to put animals is mettacats

Nice siamese!! I stay at pasir ris too, can i come over and play with the cat? hehe
:D ;)

Thanks to all for all the advice;)
I have already posted on pets forum, contacted cws and will be putting up notices around the neighbourhood soon.

No, I won't hand it to SPCA. :)

kitkat said:
Not SPCA. I heard they put animals to sleep after certain number of days.

Another place to put animals is mettacats

What I mean is to call the SPCA to check if the owner may have enquired there. If the owner has, they can be reunited much sooner. Most people who are not pet owners usually send found pets to SPCA or contact SPCA as it is the only organisation they know.

It's true that SPCA euthanises animals if they are deemed "unadoptable". But I think we also have to look at the picture from their viewpoint, ie, they receive limited funding from the public with no govt assistance, they have limited resources in terms of manpower, space and money to take care of abandoned/found animals. Although I find it cruel to euthanise perfectly fine pets, I do think they have no choice as well. Overall they are still working very hard for the welfare of abandoned pets.

Mettacat can also be a good place to contact but not many people know of them also. Your best bet would be posters in your neighbourhood and enquiry with SPCA.

black nose, nice. keep it leh.... :(

ortega said:
can try the spca or put up a "found" poster around the neighbourhood

DO NOT - I REPEAT DO NOT CALL THE SPCA - THEY HAVE NO SPACE! THEY WILL PUT THE CAT TO SLEEP.

mau_lovers said:
DO NOT - I REPEAT DO NOT CALL THE SPCA - THEY HAVE NO SPACE! THEY WILL PUT THE CAT TO SLEEP.

I think u mean "Dun send the cat to SPCA" . SPCA puts animal to sleep within 7 working days upon captivity.

LazerLordz said:
Put the word out for you sunfish.

Will PM you if there's any progress.;)

..and thanks to all for the concern and advice, the kitty is doing fine in my home. Hope to reunite it with the owner soon, I would like to believe that the owner missed the cat dearly although I did not see any missing cat poster in the neighbourhood:think:

...and don't worry, it will not goto SPCA.

If you still can't find the owner and if you don't want to adopt the cat, you can contact cat welfare mentioned above, they can help to find new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.