Please help the dogs in korea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fave78

Oct 10, 2007
STOP KOREA FROM LEGALIZING DOG MEAT CONSUMPTION !!

The article is in chinese, those who read chinese pls help, there is a petition letter for download(in three language: chinese, Korean & english).

Korean killed 200thousand of dogs every year for their meat, they feed the dogs rotten food, provide extreme poor living condition. They kill the dogs by hanging them to death or strangle them to death(photos are provided in the site). Dogs lover, pls help!!

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/siulamtang/article?mid=20896 (the last few photos..my god :eek: :angry: )
http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=496216&extra=page=1

your reason being?

To them is food, to you is pet, to each their own.

so next time a group of people who keep chicks as pet will go for online petition against eating chickens?

*most of these pics are most likely over sensationalised... and have you seen a slaughterhouse that don't kill?

Have you been to Guang Dong? Same thing happen in China....
I see no wrong of eating dog. I would like to test some too if I go to there.

your reason being?

To them is food, to you is pet, to each their own.

so next time a group of people who keep chicks as pet will go for online petition against eating chickens?

*most of these pics are most likely over sensationalised... and have you seen a slaughterhouse that don't kill?

Yes, its food to them but the slaughtering can be carried out in a more humane manner.

It's not the bit about them being food.

It's about the extremely sadistic way they are kept, transported and slowly and painfully killed.

Yes, its food to them but the slaughtering can be carried out in a more humane manner.

thats not what the TS original motive... guess he wans a clear ban...

anyway, like i say, everything can be done behind closed doors, these are shown for no apparent reason. show off, or staged, nobody know.

Do you see how a chicken is killed? no, cos most done behind closed doors. same goes to cows, pigs, etc... only on special occasion they do it openly. And how 'humane' can it be when you kill for food? Those who slaughter poultrys and such are inhuman?

It's about the extremely sadistic way they are kept, transported and slowly and painfully killed.

As with most other animals bred for food.

Except that it is a lot more difficult to find an emotional attachment to a chicken as compared with a dog.

Have you been to Guang Dong? Same thing happen in China....
I see no wrong of eating dog. I would like to test some too if I go to there.

Now u make me hungry!! hehehhe...............

so, to a life, it actually makes a difference whether you slit its throat and let its lifeblood drain out.. or you just chop off its head in one blow.

sometimes, i wonder if it is indeed more humane to do certain things that are claimed to be "more humane". but none of them can tell us, can they?

a life is a life, whether you take it away by inserting the poor creature into a grinder alive, or suffocating it, or strangling it; i suspect it makes no difference with regards to the fact that it is dead.

i feel very sad when i eat my eggs from seng choon

the poor chickens were born to roam free and run around and stretch their legs

could YOU imagine sitting in rows of cages with other humans next to you.. and you cannot move, you must cross your legs all day.. and then machines collect whatever you produce (in this case, no eggs, so too bad, let's just say your faeces).

i couldn't. but nobody complains for chickens. :(

http://www.google.com/search?q=is+d...avclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enSG265SG265

Lots of politics involved in the Korean one, unlike the previous years with the China one where it was simpler and videos of hellish living conditions and footage of the dogs being clubbed and kicked repeatedly on the roadside while the people grouping around laughed their heads off made the internet rounds ...

But there are a lot of valid points being discussed, especially the question of whether the act of eating dog meat in itself is actually cruel.

Guess it all depends on cultural BG and upbringing.

As with most other animals bred for food.

Except that it is a lot more difficult to find an emotional attachment to a chicken as compared with a dog.

:think:

i find this:

chickenjimmy.jpg

cuter than this:

peewee.jpg

this mean something wrong with me? :dunno:

could YOU imagine sitting in rows of cages with other humans next to you.. and you cannot move, you must cross your legs all day.. and then machines collect whatever you produce (in this case, no eggs, so too bad, let's just say your faeces).

here comes a chicken activist...

Therein lies the irony...

Most 'animal lovers' I know of will moan and groan and post up like crazy, but not give a thought to the double or triple standards because they cannot harbour the thought of giving up their favourite McD or fried chicken or whatever meat or animal related dish, but that comparison pales to the evergreen sharks' fin soup or live drunken prawns etc etc etc.

unless the dog "cattle" are abused and ill treated b4 they are consumed no one has a right to be critical of someone else for their culinary tastes. The only reason this is a big deal is because the dog is a pet and people have feelings for them as such. If this was a cow or something there wouldn't be such a big ruckus.

here comes a chicken activist...

DOWN WITH KFC

4059c316-6f7b-4008-be34-65fb25a9f129.jpg

oh no, your kfc chicken bucket

is fueled by SIN!

please sign this petition to stop kfc!

I’ve seen many adverts on television, billboards, magazines, everywhere, that try to persuade us to save dogs and cats, but none about the chickens! I personally feel the chickens are in greater need – cats and dogs don’t get tortured to their death and sold by the bucketful and a top restaurant, do they?

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

http://www.google.com/search?q=is+d...avclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enSG265SG265

Lots of politics involved in the Korean one, unlike the previous years with the China one where it was simpler and videos of hellish living conditions and footage of the dogs being clubbed and kicked repeatedly on the roadside while the people grouping around laughed their heads off made the internet rounds ...

But there are a lot of valid points being discussed, especially the question of whether the act of eating dog meat in itself is actually cruel.

Guess it all depends on cultural BG and upbringing.

dun drag culture and upbringing in, esp upbringing...

so eating dog meat is cruel? eating others are not?

what if long long time ago, humans changed history by making dogs domesticated food source and chickens as pets, what do you think you will be doing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.