Please help me - Home PC crash

google

Deregistered
May 18, 2011
Brothers,

May i ask which computer brand and model to buy?
Here are my infos:

Budget: $2k and below
Usage: Surf internet, keep photos and video, you tube for music

Can share with me your opinion and why?

Brothers,

May i ask which computer brand and model to buy?
Here are my infos:

Budget: $2k and below
Usage: Surf internet, keep photos and video, you tube for music

Can share with me your opinion and why?

Go to hardwarezone. They have complete recommended system builds listed for various budgets.

Also, yours is the 20th+ "Recommend me a rig" thread. Many many many more in the Digital Darkroom section. Please do your name some justice and SEARCH FIRST.

FYI, based on your criteria, get a cheap netbook and invest in external storage.

Last edited:
$2K is quite a high budget. there are lots of hardwares(desktop/laptop) that you can get. walk around those stores and see for yourself. we can't help that much to give the fine details; your taste/preference may differs from anyone.

as your nick indicated, GOOGLE them....happy searching

for ease and convenient, do consider Dell, talk to them, tell them what you want, the computer can even send to your place and set it up for you, don't have to Google, don't have to search.

i recommend Apple computer :)

Don't have to buy, just sign up for Singtel's boardband internet subscription, and you'll get a Macbook free-of-charge

I seriously want to de-register myself ...

really regretted of choosing the nick 'google' ....

everytime, i asked a question, only 1 type of comments come back to me.

google said:

No need to bro. Go to mc2 at simlim and ask them what they would recommend. That's what i would do. Just make sure what they give u is what u ask for and nothing more

haha relax bro, im sure with 2k budget u can get a good desktop or laptop,

if ur not playing any game i believe normal desktop will do, maybe u can go simlim and ask around? or maybe u can go courts etc etc

Get a laptop as nowadays, a decent 1 (i5) with 8gb ram dont cost much. Should have 500 gb for your photos n u still need more storage, get a external hard disk. If you want to watch on big screen, the hdmi should do the job for hooking onto the lcd tv at home. I think basic setup could be less than 1.5k, 500 left for my help, heh heh! U can carry the laptop ard, dont forget that.

It's not so much your nickname, but the way you ask the question(s) too.

1) You didn't even state if you want a desktop or laptop, or even a netbook perhaps. Based on your requirements stated, even an iPad would probably suffice :)

2) Your question is really so open-ended. If everyone were to give you a recommendation, you might end up with 30-50 choices, and then what are you gonna do?

Get a laptop as nowadays, a decent 1 (i5) with 8gb ram dont cost much. Should have 500 gb for your photos n u still need more storage, get a external hard disk. If you want to watch on big screen, the hdmi should do the job for hooking onto the lcd tv at home. I think basic setup could be less than 1.5k, 500 left for my help, heh heh! U can carry the laptop ard, dont forget that.

$500 dollars i can employ 5 Bangalas ...

1 carry my desktop

4 carry me from Sim Lim to Home.

It's not so much your nickname, but the way you ask the question(s) too.

1) You didn't even state if you want a desktop or laptop, or even a netbook perhaps. Based on your requirements stated, even an iPad would probably suffice :)

2) Your question is really so open-ended. If everyone were to give you a recommendation, you might end up with 30-50 choices, and then what are you gonna do?

I saw from many of the posting thread,
many people also never describe much but they can get all the answers.

i remember thread like ..

1. Should i buy cannon or Nikon

2. 35mm or 50 mm prime lens

3. Help! i need a day maid ...

4. Help, my lens screw come out ...

Any way ... now i not need to buy anything liao ...

I just learnt that my house laminated floor tiles all pop out, it was caused by the lay over ceremic tiles from the ex-owner .... quite a lot come out.

i gave a call to a contractor and he quote me almost 20K for demolition and re-lay all the tiles.

not to mention i have to put up 3 weeks of dusty environment.

now i no need to think of the 18 - 200 mm zoom lens, marco lens ... flashlight .... all.

:(

I saw from many of the posting thread,
many people also never describe much but they can get all the answers.

i remember thread like ..

1. Should i buy cannon or Nikon

2. 35mm or 50 mm prime lens

3. Help! i need a day maid ...

4. Help, my lens screw come out ...

I think all those threads will also kena a similar "why not you search and compare for yourself?" kind of replies, no?
Of course there will always be a few who will willingly offer their opinion, unaware that it doesn't really help in the end.

Any way ... now i not need to buy anything liao ...

I just learnt that my house laminated floor tiles all pop out, it was caused by the lay over ceremic tiles from the ex-owner .... quite a lot come out.

i gave a call to a contractor and he quote me almost 20K for demolition and re-lay all the tiles.

not to mention i have to put up 3 weeks of dusty environment.

now i no need to think of the 18 - 200 mm zoom lens, marco lens ... flashlight .... all.

:(

So sorry to hear such bad news. Take care.
Priorities first...

uncle google, next time come ask us first. :bsmilie: 'dad' maybe able to help in this case... sorry about your tiles. :(