Please help me finalise...b4 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankies

Jan 18, 2002
NTU
geocities.com
I am intending to buy Casio qv2900 and ritek camera from Alan Photo on wednesday or thursday...
the price is 670 and 90 respectively.
so total is 782.8 dollars. with GST.

1 ) I need also to get a filter...
can anyone tell me what kind to get for me camera and where to get and whats the price ?

2) For the lcd screen protection, what did you people use ?? and how much ?

3) What to check for when making a purchase ???

a) Check for dead pixels ?
to check for dead pixels, take a picture of black black place...then take a picture of bright bright place... and check is it ?

b) check for warranty...

c) what else ??

Thanks and regards.

The ritek that you mention, is that for a sm 128 mb? Thought I saw in another thread an equote from alan photo for sm 128 mb any brand at $80.

Btw will it be possible for you to get a good equote from them for your bundle before you go down...

Just thinking out loud.

Cheers and do let me know all about the casio 2900

Originally posted by Sphoenix
The ritek that you mention, is that for a sm 128 mb? Thought I saw in another thread an equote from alan photo for sm 128 mb any brand at $80.

Btw will it be possible for you to get a good equote from them for your bundle before you go down...

Just thinking out loud.

Cheers and do let me know all about the casio 2900

CF...
i got it as a bundle leh...

tell them you're paying cash and waive the GST. filter, you could either ask them to throw in as a free one or get a better multi-coated one elsewhere. MS Color in Ang Mo Kio sells Hoya's single coated for $8 and multi-coated for $19.

Warranty, check for a Jebsen & Jessen.

Dead pixel, you just take a pic with lens cap on and turn to the record mode. Check for any bright spots.

Check all the things are in the box. Sometimes, things might be left out accidentally.

You might want to consider bundling in the Casio charger with batteries or the Olympus charger with batteries.

Originally posted by mpenza
tell them you're paying cash and waive the GST. filter, you could either ask them to throw in as a free one or get a better multi-coated one elsewhere. MS Color in Ang Mo Kio sells Hoya's uncoated for $8 and multi-coated for $19.

Warranty, check for a Jebsen & Jessen.

Dead pixel, you just take a pic with lens cap on and turn to the record mode. Check for any bright spots.

Check all the things are in the box. Sometimes, things might be left out accidentally.

You might want to consider bundling in the Casio charger with batteries or the Olympus charger with batteries.

casio charger with what batteris ?
what good is the casion charger ?

it's a fast charger. the adaptor can also be used for the camera.

if you already have a charger and batteries, forget about it :)

Originally posted by mpenza
it's a fast charger. the adaptor can also be used for the camera.

if you already have a charger and batteries, forget about it :)

you know how much is it ?

Originally posted by Blankies

you know how much is it ?

It's the Casio BC-3HA charger/adapter...can charge 4x 1600mah AA in 3 hrs

Comes with 4x 1600mah Casio batt..no support for AAA though.

Abt $70. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.