Please help! Hard disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN LEE

Feb 3, 2005
Singapore
Hi All,

Please help if you know the solution to solve this problem.

I use two hard disks on my PC which C: drive is for the OS and D: drive keeping all the photos.

Lately I encounter many problems with my OS (XP Pro) and I decided to purchase a new hard disk to reinstall all software in the OS hard disk. To do so, I remove both old hard disk while I install the new one.

Now that I have completed the installation, I place back the photo hard disk but I could not access or assign drive name to the old hard disk.

HardDiskassignment.jpg

Could you show me how to reassign the drive?

Thank you and best regards!

John Lee

Hi All,

Please help if you know the solution to solve this problem.

I use two hard disks on my PC which C: drive is for the OS and D: drive keeping all the photos.

Lately I encounter many problems with my OS (XP Pro) and I decided to purchase a new hard disk to reinstall all software in the OS hard disk. To do so, I remove both old hard disk while I install the new one.

Now that I have completed the installation, I place back the photo hard disk but I could not access or assign drive name to the old hard disk.

HardDiskassignment.jpg

Could you show me how to reassign the drive?

Thank you and best regards!

John Lee

Put back your old hdd first, transfer/backup all the pictures to your new hdd and then use your new hdd as master and old as slave to rename drive letter again. Data is important then drive letter. If cant rename format old hdd and it should be able to rename after that.

good luck

Have you tried right click where is says "Disk 1"?
You should be able to highlight Convert to Dynamic Disk. From there, you should be able to assign a drive letter.

If you feel insecure about it, one option is to put it into an external HDD casing.
For sure, you can access the HDD via USB.

i like your name

God is Gracious....

hehehehe send to me, if can retrieve anything, i do it for you... FOC:)

Have you tried right click where is says "Disk 1"?
You should be able to highlight Convert to Dynamic Disk. From there, you should be able to assign a drive letter.

If you feel insecure about it, one option is to put it into an external HDD casing.
For sure, you can access the HDD via USB.

Done that and it works.

What is Dynamic Disk? What is special or different about Dynamic Disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.