Please heeelp: which ultra compact/compact cam gd for magazine print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokok

Aug 2, 2007
:dunno:
Read watever's on the net: c/n Asia's 10 topselling camera list, dp review, but still unsure wat to get.

Camera's for covering events or celebrities appearance indoor and outdoor, lighting uncertain, quality good for magazine print, A4 size.
1) How many megapixel camera needed?
2) Want cheap memory card, so sony's out nor CF,
3) Budget 500$, tell me if I am being unrealistic

4)What's 'bridge' camera? Is not prosumer right?

28mm pocket camera would be suitable.

But don't know if I should get one point & shoot that allows me to play around with manual controls.

Any suggestion? Fujifilm F40d which is auto, no manual control
Panasonic - I read bad in low light

Heeellp - Hell is when you can't come to a decision.

Thanks in advance

Alex Majoli used Olympus PnS cameras to shoot for National Geographic and Newsweek.

I actually quite like the output from the Ricoh GX100. It's like close to double your budget... but as far as compact cameras go... I think this particular one is very capable. I bring it almost everywhere I go.

I think you are asking for too much.

If compact cameras could produce magazine page quality pictures, why are there DSLRs, Medium Format and Large Format cameras?

:lovegrin: Singaporean trait mah, want camera to all pao ka liao - cover all bases, even the sky.

Aiyah, any ultra-c or compact camera closest to my dream camera wish-list also can.

Anyone care to answer some of my other questions too?

Btw, that camera Olympus C-5060 and mag article/advert happened in 2003, so what's the latest and better camera?

Kam siah many many.

Read watever's on the net: c/n Asia's 10 topselling camera list, dp review, but still unsure wat to get.

Camera's for covering events or celebrities appearance indoor and outdoor, lighting uncertain, quality good for magazine print, A4 size.

But don't know if I should get one point & shoot that allows me to play around with manual controls.

Thanks in advance

Fuji F31D :thumbsup:

Which ultra compact camera with 28mm lens is good enough for magazine print covering celebrity events? I decided camera being slim is impt after I've been to shops and saw the recommended cameras.

I was told that 28mm lens may not give as beautiful pictures than 35mm lens, so I settle for 35mm if it is true.

Thanks in advance.

Which joker told you 28mm may not give as beautiful pictures as 35mm.
It's just a difference in the focal length, and you might find that you need the wider angle when taking your photo!
In compacts, the image quality is not suited to making large prints compared to a DSLR. Furthermore, a DSLR can offer more control over a ultra compact, which will allow you to capture pictures that might not have been possible

DSLR is out, an easy-2-carry v. small camera that gives best qly,
any suggestion anyone out there? thanks, :dunno:

Thanks in advance

For a budget of $500, perhaps you can try your luck on getting a good pre-owned Canon Powershot S1 or S2. If memory serves me well, these 2 models are between 5 and 7 megapixel.

Easy to lug around and not too xpensive for starters. Produces pretty good pics and a pretty fast compact too. A4 sized is not a problem bro.

Richoh R6 - but how do I ensure that the camera 28mm lens are not distorted?
Since someone says his is ok, but others have lens distortion problem using wide angle.
How to check on the spot?

I want ultra compact pocketability & wide-angle lens. Someone recommended Canon powershot A1 & A2 heavier.

Thanks alot to all the Lancelots.

Can i urged everyone not to reply to this poster ok? He is a joker. Ai Pi.. Ai Chi... Ai dua liap nee.. Ai goon chu bi.. Ai goon MRT.. where got such thing.. duhz!

Stand up for Kiasu Singapore lah!:bsmilie:
That's why we have this forum. To sniff out the best deals.

Actually i think using the handphone sony errison K800i can do the good job liao, and can use as well as mp3 player and for communicated also.
it is 3.2MP and provide good images!
magazine print mah ..... sharpness and color not important, feeling more important ...

Status
Not open for further replies.