Please give me your advice ?

Bell-Bell

Sep 22, 2011
I just brought a nikon D7000 + 18-105 Len. I am, new in DSLR world. What external flash light, Can u recommend ?

I just brought a nikon D7000 + 18-105 Len. I am, new in DSLR world. What external flash light, Can u recommend ?

It depend on what is your requirement?? You can go for Nikon original Flash such as SB400, SB600, SB700 and SB900..(all for different purpose) If not you can also go for third party flash brand such as Nissin and Yong nuo..end of the day it really depend on you.. personally i find the Nissin Di622 MKII is good enough for ppl that is new to flash... Price is of course cheaper... ;)

you can also refer to this Thread for information as well.. It maybe able to help you..

* Do note that third party flash also misses some functionality like BL mode, which in my opinion is one of the most advanced features of Nikon flashes* Quoted by DD123...:)

Last edited:
Oh ya next time post it in the Newbie Corner.. it will be more effective than you post it here in the Articles and Guides sub forum... not many ppl will see your post..:)

Last edited:
I Just brought a nikon D7000 +18-105 Len . I am, new in DSLR world . May I know , what type of external flash light , should I buy? Should I buy a grey set or buy 2nd hand set ?

I Just brought a nikon D7000 +18-105 Len . I am, new in DSLR world . May I know , what type of external flash light , should I buy? Should I buy a grey set or buy 2nd hand set ?

Hi Miss...

you have already post it here

Have already reply to that thread...:)

Last edited:
Actually , I also new to use clubsnap .i really didn't know that , I already post here .

I also happy to hear from your reply . Thank !

My budget is about $300-500 .

Any shop to recommend , if I plan to buy B700 ?

Any shop to recommend , if I plan to buy B700 ?

Is SB700

Try calling Orient Photo to check prices..

E-mail: sales@orientfoto.com.sg

Tel: +65-63391035

Fax: +65-63391034

Or TK foto

6338 5905 / 6338 7466

To me personally this two are the very reputable shop around.. hope it help..

Last edited:
Hi Ms Huang,

Welcome to ClubSNAP.

For your budget and your setup, either a new SB700 or a used SB900 would be great. Since your lens is 18-105mm, the SB700 is adequate as it can cover from 24-120mm (14mm using built in diffuser). But if you foresee you'll be adding longer lenses, then the SB900 is better as it can reach up to 200mm. I strongly recommend you to buy original Nikon speedlight, as it will give you full compatibility including high speed sync (HSS), creative lighting (CLS), and balanced filled flash (BL).

There is an SB700 review here.

Cheers. :)

Actually , what is the different between SB700 n SB900? I am, just a beginner of using DSLR . And which one is more suitable nikon D7000.

After read the review of SB700. Can I say that , SB900 can reach far distance that SB700? Is there any other function , as compare SB700 to SB900?

After read the review of SB700. Can I say that , SB900 can reach far distance that SB700? Is there any other function , as compare SB700 to SB900?

Erhh altho it provides more power for the distance, doubt u'll go that far. For 700 i tink is 120mm, which is gonna make it fire full power. Haha. SB700 serves quite gd for ppl not looking for further upgrades in some time.. as it gives quite a lot of functionality for its price. I'm using one and happy with it :)