Please give comment on my photo. Macro-shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. whats ur subject? the soft-toy, clorets or ricola? Both shots look more like close-up than macro. I can't gauge the size of the soft-toy. :dunno:

Erm, you got lots of stuff in the background.. distracting.

PS. resize ur photos, then can hot-link. no need click here click there.

foxtwo said:
Hmm.. whats ur subject? the soft-toy, clorets or ricola? Both shots look more like close-up than macro. I can't gauge the size of the soft-toy. :dunno:

Erm, you got lots of stuff in the background.. distracting.

PS. resize ur photos, then can hot-link. no need click here click there.

true and i agree - no "focus" there in the picture...

Sorry but i don't know how to link it to here, can you teach me? Oh the bear is the main subject that i want to focus, the sweets behind is the one that should be blurred. :sweat:

use the "img" tag (or more simply click on the picture of the mountain with the "sun" and the yellow background when composing your forum entry)

Why did u include the sweets at the background?

Might I suggest that u try shooting the bear by itself instead, the more stuff you have in the frame, the harder to shoot.

Set up a clean background, have a lightsource over your subject & explore ur angles. Experiment. Top-down, bottom-up, etc...

5aa4b739.jpg

Hey jfl, Thanks alot !!!

foxtwo said:
Why did u include the sweets at the background?

Might I suggest that u try shooting the bear by itself instead, the more stuff you have in the frame, the harder to shoot.

Set up a clean background, have a lightsource over your subject & explore ur angles. Experiment. Top-down, bottom-up, etc...

Thanks for your comments! But what if when i wanted to have a macro shot but it happen to have many things behind, example on people? What should i do.

it doesn't seems like a macro to me... more like... a close up? aperture is 2.8? hmmm the background dun seems to blur that much... well... i am not a pro.. but just some of my tots... :bsmilie:

anyway.. focus more on the bear for the better composition.. unless u are trying to add scale to ur bear by adding sweets?? :sweat:

Flyingpig said:
Thanks for your comments! But what if when i wanted to have a macro shot but it happen to have many things behind, example on people? What should i do.

Open ur aperture for min DOF. Ur not using an slr system rite? otherwise the option would be to change to a long lens to "compress the background"...

U just have to wait for a clear moment. There's no getting past some things.

Flyingpig said:
Hey jfl, Thanks alot !!!

sure... just... treat me to the sweets in the box after u're done! lol...

ps. what's the definition of a macro shot anyway?

jfl said:
ps. what's the definition of a macro shot anyway?

tat qn is worth an entirely new thread for discussion. lolz. There's a thread in general, reviews & tech-talk which touches briefly on what macro is to certain peoples. :)

Don't look like a macro to me. Just a normal shot of a soft toy with largest aperture.

foxtwo said:
Open ur aperture for min DOF. Ur not using an slr system rite? otherwise the option would be to change to a long lens to "compress the background"...

U just have to wait for a clear moment. There's no getting past some things.

My min is F2.8, what is slr... sorry i'm really new to this.

foxtwo said:
tat qn is worth an entirely new thread for discussion. lolz. There's a thread in general, reviews & tech-talk which touches briefly on what macro is to certain peoples. :)

thanks. You mean this one? doesnt look like it leh.

Flyingpig said:
My min is F2.8, what is slr... sorry i'm really new to this.

slr -> single lens reflex. actually this is just extra information, at ur level it's ok to ignore it. lolz. :bsmilie:

what i was trying to ask was if ur camera can change lense or is it fixed?

And since what ur doing is actually not macro, but close-up, i think u can try zooming in. firstly it'll eliminate most of the empty space, secondly it'll help compress ur background. But again I dun know how much ur lense allow u to zoom... :sweat:

You got money? Buy close-up filters lah... lolz ;p

jfl said:
thanks. You mean this one? doesnt look like it leh.

U go read the whole thing lah. lolz. I agree with what the fella defines as macro. It's how I shoot macro too. :D

foxtwo said:

aiyah no need - put simple little magnifying glass in front of camera can already... :sweatsm:

foxtwo said:
slr -> single lens reflex. actually this is just extra information, at ur level it's ok to ignore it. lolz. :bsmilie:

what i was trying to ask was if ur camera can change lense or is it fixed?

And since what ur doing is actually not macro, but close-up, i think u can try zooming in. firstly it'll eliminate most of the empty space, secondly it'll help compress ur background. But again I dun know how much ur lense allow u to zoom... :sweat:

Well i'm using fujifilm S5000, so if i want to have macro shot, i should have simple background and zoom in until very close?

What does slr do?

Flyingpig said:
Well i'm using fujifilm S5000, so if i want to have macro shot, i should have simple background and zoom in until very close?

What does slr do?

i'm not familiar with S5000. (ok, actually i'm not familiar with ANY digital camera :sweatsm: ) Does the S5000 have a macro function? If yes, use that instead. Otherwise u're stuck with zooming in, or moving in real close.

This is pretty much what I can advise on, :dunno:

slr? Eh... It's a complex camera system involving mirrors.... lolz. pls google. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.