Please give comment on my photo. Macro-shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Hmm.. whats ur subject? the soft-toy, clorets or ricola? Both shots look more like close-up than macro. I can't gauge the size of the soft-toy. :dunno:

Erm, you got lots of stuff in the background.. distracting.

PS. resize ur photos, then can hot-link. no need click here click there.

jfl

Aug 12, 2004
foxtwo said:
Hmm.. whats ur subject? the soft-toy, clorets or ricola? Both shots look more like close-up than macro. I can't gauge the size of the soft-toy. :dunno:

Erm, you got lots of stuff in the background.. distracting.

PS. resize ur photos, then can hot-link. no need click here click there.
true and i agree - no "focus" there in the picture...

Flyingpig

Aug 12, 2004
Singapore
Sorry but i don't know how to link it to here, can you teach me? Oh the bear is the main subject that i want to focus, the sweets behind is the one that should be blurred. :sweat:

jfl

Aug 12, 2004
use the "img" tag (or more simply click on the picture of the mountain with the "sun" and the yellow background when composing your forum entry)

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Why did u include the sweets at the background?

Might I suggest that u try shooting the bear by itself instead, the more stuff you have in the frame, the harder to shoot.

Set up a clean background, have a lightsource over your subject & explore ur angles. Experiment. Top-down, bottom-up, etc...

Flyingpig

Aug 12, 2004
Singapore
foxtwo said:
Why did u include the sweets at the background?

Might I suggest that u try shooting the bear by itself instead, the more stuff you have in the frame, the harder to shoot.

Set up a clean background, have a lightsource over your subject & explore ur angles. Experiment. Top-down, bottom-up, etc...
Thanks for your comments! But what if when i wanted to have a macro shot but it happen to have many things behind, example on people? What should i do.

armand78

Jun 30, 2004
coffin
www.trekshare.com
it doesn't seems like a macro to me... more like... a close up? aperture is 2.8? hmmm the background dun seems to blur that much... well... i am not a pro.. but just some of my tots... :bsmilie:

anyway.. focus more on the bear for the better composition.. unless u are trying to add scale to ur bear by adding sweets?? :sweat:

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Flyingpig said:
Thanks for your comments! But what if when i wanted to have a macro shot but it happen to have many things behind, example on people? What should i do.
Open ur aperture for min DOF. Ur not using an slr system rite? otherwise the option would be to change to a long lens to "compress the background"...

U just have to wait for a clear moment. There's no getting past some things.

jfl

Aug 12, 2004
Flyingpig said:
Hey jfl, Thanks alot !!!
sure... just... treat me to the sweets in the box after u're done! lol...

ps. what's the definition of a macro shot anyway?

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
jfl said:
ps. what's the definition of a macro shot anyway?
tat qn is worth an entirely new thread for discussion. lolz. There's a thread in general, reviews & tech-talk which touches briefly on what macro is to certain peoples. :)

Flyingpig

Aug 12, 2004
Singapore
foxtwo said:
Open ur aperture for min DOF. Ur not using an slr system rite? otherwise the option would be to change to a long lens to "compress the background"...

U just have to wait for a clear moment. There's no getting past some things.
My min is F2.8, what is slr... sorry i'm really new to this.

jfl

Aug 12, 2004
foxtwo said:
tat qn is worth an entirely new thread for discussion. lolz. There's a thread in general, reviews & tech-talk which touches briefly on what macro is to certain peoples. :)
thanks. You mean this one? doesnt look like it leh.

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Flyingpig said:
My min is F2.8, what is slr... sorry i'm really new to this.
slr -> single lens reflex. actually this is just extra information, at ur level it's ok to ignore it. lolz. :bsmilie:

what i was trying to ask was if ur camera can change lense or is it fixed?

And since what ur doing is actually not macro, but close-up, i think u can try zooming in. firstly it'll eliminate most of the empty space, secondly it'll help compress ur background. But again I dun know how much ur lense allow u to zoom... :sweat:

You got money? Buy close-up filters lah... lolz ;p

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
jfl said:
thanks. You mean this one? doesnt look like it leh.
U go read the whole thing lah. lolz. I agree with what the fella defines as macro. It's how I shoot macro too. :D

jfl

Aug 12, 2004
foxtwo said:
aiyah no need - put simple little magnifying glass in front of camera can already... :sweatsm:

Flyingpig

Aug 12, 2004
Singapore
foxtwo said:
slr -> single lens reflex. actually this is just extra information, at ur level it's ok to ignore it. lolz. :bsmilie:

what i was trying to ask was if ur camera can change lense or is it fixed?

And since what ur doing is actually not macro, but close-up, i think u can try zooming in. firstly it'll eliminate most of the empty space, secondly it'll help compress ur background. But again I dun know how much ur lense allow u to zoom... :sweat:

Well i'm using fujifilm S5000, so if i want to have macro shot, i should have simple background and zoom in until very close?

What does slr do?

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Flyingpig said:
Well i'm using fujifilm S5000, so if i want to have macro shot, i should have simple background and zoom in until very close?

What does slr do?
i'm not familiar with S5000. (ok, actually i'm not familiar with ANY digital camera :sweatsm: ) Does the S5000 have a macro function? If yes, use that instead. Otherwise u're stuck with zooming in, or moving in real close.

This is pretty much what I can advise on, :dunno:

slr? Eh... It's a complex camera system involving mirrors.... lolz. pls google. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom