please enlighthen me

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolec

Aug 4, 2008
HI Experts :)

I love to give outdoor photography a hand, could anyone advise me which lens to buy? I am using eos450d..
is wide angle lens suitable for outdoor photography shooting? i am a very freshie :)

thanks!!!!
Nic

#1, welcome to Clubsnap
#2, you posted your thread in a wrong sub forum, should be Newbies Corner
#3, without spending money on buying new lens, you can use the kit lens to start portraiture photography for the time being.
#4, wide angle lens is able for to be use for outdoor portrait, but most of the time photographers are using it for environmental portrait.

Hi Catchlights

Thanks so much!!!!
I am dreading to buy one..u have any suggestion, one that won't burnt a hole in my wallet :)
I know i sounded like a :devil: because i am already bored with the srandard lens.

Thanks so much for your reply
Nic:)

Hi Catchlights

Thanks so much!!!!
I am dreading to buy one..u have any suggestion, one that won't burnt a hole in my wallet :)
I know i sounded like a :devil: because i am already bored with the srandard lens.

search around this forum, you can find your answers.

i would assume you got a kit lens with that camera, so use that first, if you are that new, that's all the lens u will need for a while.

another point to take note when asking questions, besides doing a search, is title your thread properly. if it were me, i would have called it "need help regarding outdoor photography" or something like that. :)

sceneries, etc stick to ur kit lens, nothing wrong with it.
If animals, birding, zoo, etc get a telephoto

Wow

this is Quick!
Thanks so much for all the advice, so I will stick around with the current lens and look out for the telephoto or go down to canon and try some lens :)
i know i am overly eager:embrass: gosh.

Thanks again!
Nic

p/s - yes, i read thru the forum and the info is very helpful:thumbsup:

have a look at the various genre of works posted within clubsnap and take note how each photographer uses the lens. some have even used ultra wides for portraits contrary to what photographic books might say.

wa, j0h0 become moderator already, why never announce! :bsmilie:

ok enough ot.. advise threadstarter to ask yourself why you want a ultrawideangle or wideangle lens, if you are trying desperately to pay money to cure boredom, i suggest that you use the money to take a holiday, maybe it will be put to better use rather than getting an expensive (relatively) item which you will dump later on and lose money on.

Wow

this is Quick!
Thanks so much for all the advice, so I will stick around with the current lens and look out for the telephoto or go down to canon and try some lens :)
i know i am overly eager:embrass: gosh.

Thanks again!
Nic

p/s - yes, i read thru the forum and the info is very helpful:thumbsup:

At the end of the day, you will probably have the full range haha. 10-22 for ultra wide, 24-70L or kit lens for standard zoom and 70-300 or 70-200L for telephoto. Found the wide angle good for landscape and architectures and sometimes portraits if you want distortion effects.

Thanks Guys!

Really appreciate it :)

Great week ahead!
Nic

Hi Catchlights

Thanks so much!!!!

I suggest that you use your kit lens first and try out the kinds of photography you like. As time goes by, you'll slowly realize that you are limited by the lens that you have. Then you'll know what lens you need ;) ( at least that was the way i discovered what i needed :confused: )

In any case, if you reaally feel you want to get something new, i suggest a telephoto for close ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.