Please can someone advice on the following....

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmingorion

Dec 22, 2007
hi, i'm intending to buy the 2 items below, however i am getting from those who have used these items to give me some advice as to if it is good for me to get them,

1. Telephoto extender.
Question: Which brand should i get? CAnon brand is damn expensive...is there other equivalent brand that is as good? I'm looking for at least 1.4X extender.

2. Should i get a second hand canon 10-22mm ultrawide angle lens? I'm sooo tempted to get it...i'm seen the Sigma one...mm...just cheaper by a bit... Should i get a new one or a second hand one as i've seen in the buy/sell forums?

Thank you for reading my message.:)

For teleconverters, or extenders, Canon is very ex because they probably offer the best quality/compatibility.

I've read that some users have found the humble Kenko offering stunning (for the price).

In general, try to stick to the 1.4x version. 2x gives too much headaches.

If the EFS10-22 is just a little bit more ex, go for it. The Sigma apparently is stunning, but I've heard that there have been inconsistencies with QC so you'll have to hunt hard to find a good copy.

1) 1.4x Pro300 DG gets a thumbs up.

2) Sigma 10-20 is probably a whole lot better in terms of usability.

For Teleconvertor, you can either try Kenko PRO300 DG (around S$200) or Tamron SP (around S$300). Do take note that TC is best use with Prime Lens.
3 out of my 4 TC is Kenko, this result is relatively stunning when the lighting is good.

Sigma 10-20mm is a proven good UWA lens, but it is true that Sigma QC is a problem and lots of negetive feedback on the EX coating.

My Sigma 10-20mm & 8yrs old 70-200f2.8 is still serving me well. If you are buying, make sure you check and get a sharp copy.

Hi all! thanks for your advice! I sincerely appreciate it. I shall get the Kenko entender then. Cheers!

hi guys,
i went to Orient photo to try out the kenko extender on my tamron 17-50mm. I took a few pics with it and found that the pics are not sharp. They are a bit soft on the edge....is it suppose to be like that??

The reason i'm buying it is becos, i would like to entend my 70-200mm L-lens to 300mm, hoping i can obtain sharp pics with 300mm like some of the pics i've seen online. If what i've presumed is wrong, are they using a full 300mm or one with an extender???

thanks!:confused:

My advice is to go for the 10-22EFS if u r not looking to change to FF in the foreseable future! :D

hi guys,
i went to Orient photo to try out the kenko extender on my tamron 17-50mm. I took a few pics with it and found that the pics are not sharp. They are a bit soft on the edge....is it suppose to be like that??

The reason i'm buying it is becos, i would like to entend my 70-200mm L-lens to 300mm, hoping i can obtain sharp pics with 300mm like some of the pics i've seen online. If what i've presumed is wrong, are they using a full 300mm or one with an extender???

thanks!:confused:

Did you try the kenko with your 70-200? It's image quality and sharpness is better than the Tamron in theory.

Did you try the kenko with your 70-200? It's image quality and sharpness is better than the Tamron in theory.

hi, no i didn't bring my 70-200mm yesterday. So, i end up buying the canon 10-22mm UWA lens. I LOVE IT!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! It is MARVELLICIOUS!!! heheheheehehehe......but then...my pocket also got smoke come out. HAHAHAHAHAHA............!!!!!!!!!

OK, back to earth, so u are saying with the 70-200mm, it is very sharp as u have tried with the extender? oh btw, it is S$200 and S$210 for the 2X one.

What's ur advise?
Thanks!

hi, no i didn't bring my 70-200mm yesterday. So, i end up buying the canon 10-22mm UWA lens. I LOVE IT!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! It is MARVELLICIOUS!!! heheheheehehehe......but then...my pocket also got smoke come out. HAHAHAHAHAHA............!!!!!!!!!

OK, back to earth, so u are saying with the 70-200mm, it is very sharp as u have tried with the extender? oh btw, it is S$200 and S$210 for the 2X one.

What's ur advise?
Thanks!

Hey hey I have none of the products you listed above! I'm just asking because the 70-200 is reported to have 'close-to-prime' image quality, so maybe that'll be better suited for TCs.

Btw, congrats on your purchase!

Hey hey I have none of the products you listed above! I'm just asking because the 70-200 is reported to have 'close-to-prime' image quality, so maybe that'll be better suited for TCs.

Btw, congrats on your purchase!

Hey, thanks...i appreciate it...

Btw, has anyone here tried the above mentioned (trying to see if the Kenko entender produces sharp images on the 70-200mm L-lens)?? Ur advise is most welcome...

thanks!!!

Have a Canon 1.4TC.. and u will like to know that it dun work on all Canon EF lenses. Tried the 1.4TC on 70-200mm and images still maintain sharpness (go up 1 F stop).. Measue out if the $$ is worth the upgrade to a 280mm max reach. :) There is a few 2nd one available in CS... you may want to look up this option. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.