Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikor_d

Jun 17, 2004
Hi lads, can anyone explain what does this means?

1)Set the EV down to around -1 to -1 2/3EV to just fill-in the scene and not overpower the ambient light. Adjust according to the situation.

2)Ensure your lens and body combo is not back-focusing like many D70 users who have found out.

Please help :confused:

let me explain no. 2...
back focusing was a problem in the earlier batches of D70s. basically when you focus on a point (eg. eyes of a person), the picture taken shows that the persons ears are sharp instead of the eyes.

no. 1 .... well.. not a guru in manual flash techniques.... i'll let some other high lama ... explain.... ;)

How will confirm this problem.Please advise :)
Adiemus said:
let me explain no. 2...
back focusing was a problem in the earlier batches of D70s. basically when you focus on a point (eg. eyes of a person), the picture taken shows that the persons ears are sharp instead of the eyes.

no. 1 .... well.. not a guru in manual flash techniques.... i'll let some other high lama ... explain.... ;)

#1 just means that if the flash output power is too much then the subject will look "too bright"

the amount of light given out by the flash: one common way is to describe it in "stops".

ie #1 is to advise that u should tune down the flash putput by a the stated number of "stops" so that the subject remains lit up (ie wont end up as underexposed) but yet looks "naturally lit up" as opposed to appearing to be "too brightly lit up".

the idea is to balance the amount of flash power against the surrounding natural light sources so that to the common man, it looks " naturally nice nice lighting" even though as a photog, one look u will know that artificial flash light was used , but it was used well.

check out this site:

http://www.leongoodman.com/d70focus.html

if you bought your D70 recently, not likely lah.
also, even if you find that your unit has this problem, send it in to Nikon Singapore to get it recalibrated. For free when it's under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.