Please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

eow

Jun 22, 2004
Dear friends, pls advice as i'm going thru my lenses today
i found some white spot inside the the minolta 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 lens which i got during last sitex
P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

had check and confirmed all my other lenses are clean and spotless even for those i bought
2nd hand.
Q1. The lens when not in used had been kept in the dry cabinet all these while..did anyone kena the same case before?

the spot gather only at the plastic part of the body the glass is cleaned though

that is new right? u got keep in dry box anot?

eow said:
Dear friends, pls advice as i'm going thru my lenses today
i found some white spot inside the the minolta 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 lens which i got during last sitex
P1010003.JPG

P1010003.JPG

had check and confirmed all my other lenses are clean and spotless even for those i bought
2nd hand.
Q1. The lens when not in used had been kept in the dry cabinet all these while..did anyone kena the same case before?

the spot gather only at the plastic part of the body the glass is cleaned though

nice crystal there.... maybe ask timberwolf wanna exchange anot...

yes bro it kept in the the electrical dry cabinet when not in used..
other lenses kept in the same cab is clean though..
it came togther with my cam and kit lens

He has mentioned itz been kept in dry cabi.

Anywayz.. dat looks bad bro.. :what: At least e glass r ok.. :)

eow said:
yes bro it kept in the the electrical dry cabinet when not in used..
other lenses kept in the same cab is clean though..
it came togther with my cam and kit lens

can it be water gotten in? did u shoot once in the rain before and got rain drops which u did not clean away? that day at suntec, is the fugus there?

the uv filter is kept on at all time bro
just like to check with fellow 75-300mm users...do u guys have these prob too?

Nope. Got mine during Comex... Still looking fine & clean despite it being out of my dry box during the past couple of rainy weeks (yes, I know it's not a recommended practice).
Guess u had tough luck...

sigh ... a trip to the kmsc tmr

eow said:
sigh ... a trip to the kmsc tmr

Hell, just as I am comptemplating getting a couple more new Minolta lenses.
Guess I will put a hold until you find out what it is and what caused that.
Would really appreciate your feedback. Tks.

AncientMariner said:
Hell, just as I am comptemplating getting a couple more new Minolta lenses.
Guess I will put a hold until you find out what it is and what caused that.
Would really appreciate your feedback. Tks.
no prob will update u guys

noy fungus, looks more like the clear coat coming off.

just check again 'it' stay still even i shake it
going out soon to have it check at kmsc

Can't confirm from the photo, but if it is only appearing on the plastic, it might be an issue called blooming. Let me try to explain. When plastic or rubber is moulded, there are certain chemicals added in to control the hardening or setting of the material. If this compound is not properly mixed, or the amount used is not quite correct, after a while this stabilizing material will slowly ooze out, and typically form a whitish powdery coating on the surface.

So if it is a powdery it's probably blooming, if it is more crystal like, than, sorry, have no idea. Hope this helps.

eow, is that whitish stuff on your filter or front element of the lens? I notice that your filter is still on the lens?

Hiee...

It look like a tarnishing of the or "peeling of paint form the black flare cutting black surface.
These parts may have been black painted and maybe peeled off due to some workmanship...

Worst thing i could think of...is the "glue" that is used to bond the 2nd + 3rd element degraded....
From the diagram form catalogue (pg16).......the 1st element is single...the 2nd+3rd is joined to formed an achromatic doublet...

rgds,
sulhan

Nothing to worry about. It's just degradation of the inner lining. I have it in ALL of my old minolta lenses.

Hello Bros Idft,sulhan,zerstorer,Tme and those who advise earlier
Just came back went to the kmsc today the tech just cfm it not fungus..and the powdery stuff is actually the lubricants as it does not affect the lens hence no servicing needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.