Please advise on how come the tulip is blurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabball

Sep 14, 2006
Hi All,

Can anyone advise me how come the tulip in this photo is blurred. I'm using Canon 350D with the kit lens and no flash. The yellowish lighting is the ambient lighting at the location where i shot the tulip.

Thanks in advance

IMG_3008.jpg

ok. will retrieve and post the setting tonight. Thanks

from wat i deduced....i got the same prob....maybe u shooting at f/2.8 with not enuf shuttle speed....with handshake ....causing the blurr

maybe I'm wrong..

seems like lens condensation problem... doesn't look like handshake/oof to me.

also doesn't look like handshake to me, IMO
i think that it's part of the tulip also, but just the colours look such that it's a blur
don't think it's too much for PS though ^^

happy shooting ^^

Check the focusing point.

And the lens minimum focusing distance. You may have shot the flower at below the minimum distance and caused some blurness...

I experienced this same similar 'symptom' before and was due to condensation of water on my lens... not sure if this was the case here.

Definitely not handshake or back-focusing IMO

Looks more like "soft-focus" to me. The tulip looks like it is in between the focussed range. Perhaps minus the flash or stronger lighting made it look soft or blurry due to less contrast (look at the range of color tone). This can be rectified by increasing the contrast in PS I supposed.

I would think it's camera shake. The 350D Kit lens is basically an outdoor lens. Indoors, you'll probably need <f2.8 or IS or flash or tripod

At this resolution can't really tell. But I think I noticed that the leave looks sharp enough, so I'm guessing misfocusing. I'm also guessing that the picture was taken on the highest zoom setting (whatever it is on the kit lens... 55mm? 70mm?) and on the largest aperture setting, and if this is true, then it could be either camera shake or focusing on wrong object + shallow depth of field.

Also, it looks like the auto exposure got conned by the scene... looks a little overexposed by at least 1.5 stops.

Check the focusing point.

And the lens minimum focusing distance. You may have shot the flower at below the minimum distance and caused some blurness...

:thumbsup: You hit that on the nail in my view. He was tad too close with his lens and I think his AF was searching just a bit as he click the shot too as he was abit closer then the len can focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.