Please advice!!!

Sing Liang

Nov 15, 2011
Singapore
Hey pros, I would like your advice!

Currently, I have canon 10-22 lens, canon 18-55 and canon 55-250.
Will you buy canon EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM or any other len if you got the above?
If yes, what you going to do with canon 18-55 lens?

Last edited:
Hey pros, I would like your advice!

Currently, I have canon 10-22 lens, canon 18-55 and canon 55-250.
Will you buy canon EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM or any other len if you got the above?
If yes, what you going to do with canon 18-55 lens?

Why are you changing lens every now and then? From your lens you are holding now, you should be sufficient, what's lacking from these 3 lenses? You should be focusing more on your skills, get more from your camera body and your lens.

Sell your 18-55 and 55-250 and buy a 18-200 instead

IQ wise I would say 24-70 is definitely much sharper than your kit lens. I sold my 18-55 and bought a tammy 17-50 f 2.8 If you are still learning how to shoot then maybe stick to your kit lens and shoot some more.

no, because Canon put in the effort to produce the astounding EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, thus APS-C users should take full advantage of it, instead of going for the 24-70L.

of cause' if the L fits what you are shooting, then by all means go for it.

Last edited:
If you got the money then of course 24-70mm is better, otherwise get sigma 24-70mm. Another alternative for the canon's copy. Haha if you want to try, I can lend you my 24-70mm sigma. Maybe I can borrow your 10-20mm for playing too. :p hahah

What is actually limiting you from your kit lens? Is the kit lens and the 55-250mm not fast enough or what? You must have a reason for upgrading, and as long as you cannot find a reason for it, then don't buy new lenses.

What is actually limiting you from your kit lens? Is the kit lens and the 55-250mm not fast enough or what? You must have a reason for upgrading, and as long as you cannot find a reason for it, then don't buy new lenses.

:thumbsup:

always remember that you may have the best lenses and camera but you should know that skills is much more important in shooting.;)

My reason why I want to buy a new lens is becuase I don't want to bring so many lens when I am going oversea.

My reason why I want to buy a new lens is becuase I don't want to bring so many lens when I am going oversea.

Just bring the lenses that you will be using for shooting when overseas, for example streets and landscape, then just bring your kit and your 10-22mm will do the job.

sell all your lenses and buy the 18-200 IS or the Tamron 18-270 VC PZD.

always remember that you may have the best lenses and camera but you should know that skills is much more important in shooting.;)

Yes, skill is more important! don't mean have good lens mean have good pic =)

For buying lenses, I have always believed that if you need to ask, you don't need to buy. You will be certain you need it when the time comes.

Just bring the lenses that you will be using for shooting when overseas, for example streets and landscape, then just bring your kit and your 10-22mm will do the job.

Understand! Thanks for your advice!

For buying lenses, I have always believed that if you need to ask, you don't need to buy. You will be certain you need it when the time comes.

Hahaha what if the person doesn't know which lens to buy between 2, maybe doing a comparison. But he surely knows that he needs them? So he just need more suggestions. :p

Hahaha what if the person doesn't know which lens to buy between 2, maybe doing a comparison. But he surely knows that he needs them? So he just need more suggestions. :p

Then you will know you need that particular range of lens and ask which one is better rather than ask if you should get a lens that is like that.;)

Then you will know you need that particular range of lens and ask which one is better rather than ask if you should get a lens that is like that.;)

Hahaha yeah totally agree. You and rhino are always my best help! :D :thumbsup: for both of you.