Please Advice! Desperate! CFI 4 Bay Hdd Enclosure with Firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Mar 6, 2004
Hi guys,

I`m desperately looking for this enclosure that used to be available in Storage Studio but they stop carrying it already. Does any of you know where i can get this or similar products?

http://www.genius-asia.com.sg/eg/products_cfi-b4043.htm

I don't want one with Raid cos i want to be able to plug in and out different Hdds.

Please kindly advice.

Cheers,
Jon

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
have looked at Thecus?

anyway, if you want that particular one...can try Cybermind, Chamoxa and Mediapro. These 3 shops more or less can get any item just ask for quotation first..

Jon

Mar 6, 2004
Ok i`ll try them out! Thanks

varf

Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
most enclosures that support RAID also support JBOD - you aren't forced to use RAID if you don't want to.

Jon

Mar 6, 2004
however JBOD combines your hdd to a common icon right? Will i be able to make each hdd perform on its own pretty much like a few thumbdrives that you plug in and pull out as and when you finish work on that particular drive?

varf

Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
i am using an older CFI 4-bay enclosure, FW800 version.

you don't have to use JBOD or RAID at all, and if you don't, the disks should appear as separate entities. can't remember if the enclosure supports hot-swapping of drives though.

Jon

Mar 6, 2004
yes the one you're using is the one i`m looking for which i used before. trying to find it but storage studio don't have them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom