Playstation Two Queries !

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hie Guys, got a couple of PS2 queries because I'm thinking about purchasing one.

1) Where is a good place to buy special sets that can play just about every game on the market, including those genuine replica ones. :think:

2) I'm thinking of using the PS2 as a DVD player as well, how is the video quality and is it a good idea to use it as a DVD player ? I dont watch often, maybe once a week max.

3) Whats a good price to pay for a new moded set ? and also, for a new non mod set ?

Anyway, if anyone has one for sale, please give me a buzz at 98553899 or marcwangheng@gmail.com . I wanna buy one within the next 2 days.

marcwang said:
Hie Guys, got a couple of PS2 queries because I'm thinking about purchasing one.

1) Where is a good place to buy special sets that can play just about every game on the market, including those genuine replica ones. :think:

2) I'm thinking of using the PS2 as a DVD player as well, how is the video quality and is it a good idea to use it as a DVD player ? I dont watch often, maybe once a week max.

3) Whats a good price to pay for a new moded set ? and also, for a new non mod set ?

Anyway, if anyone has one for sale, please give me a buzz at 98553899 or marcwangheng@gmail.com . I wanna buy one within the next 2 days.

Go get it in Malaysia. You can find some moded sets in Singapore but relatively speaking, it's more ex than Malaysia. Plus Malaysia has all the games you will be looking for as well.

They can mod to your specs that you want too. DVD is DVD. It's quite good quality as it has
all the function as any DVD player. Malaysia is selling about MYR900 for mod sets with 20 games free of your choice, 2 controllers, 2 x 8MB memory cards.

the DVD player in PS2 is suck, some of the DVD cannot play. it show tv system not match.:angry:

Pro Image said:
Go get it in Malaysia. You can find some moded sets in Singapore but relatively speaking, it's more ex than Malaysia. Plus Malaysia has all the games you will be looking for as well.

They can mod to your specs that you want too. DVD is DVD. It's quite good quality as it has
all the function as any DVD player. Malaysia is selling about MYR900 for mod sets with 20 games free of your choice, 2 controllers, 2 x 8MB memory cards.

just curious, we do not need to pay tax if we get it from malaysia say..places like JB? :think:

Beachboy said:
the DVD player in PS2 is suck, some of the DVD cannot play. it show tv system not match.:angry:

Well so far my Made in Japan PS2 and moded as well has no problem playing any DVD for all region. Your TV system can be change right unless is not a Multisystem.

newbiegrapher said:
just curious, we do not need to pay tax if we get it from malaysia say..places like JB? :think:

We do not get tax maybe only GST if the custom wants to make life difficult for you but you can ask the seller to write a receipt less than SGD400 lor. The only problem is not to bring in any pirated software as the customs will confiscate it. So beware........

Pro Image said:
Well so far my Made in Japan PS2 and moded as well has no problem playing any DVD for all region. Your TV system can be change right unless is not a Multisystem.
its not because of my tv system, maybe its because of my PS2 very old liau....

i got it $800 last time :think:

Beachboy said:
its not because of my tv system, maybe its because of my PS2 very old liau....

i got it $800 last time :think:
I got mine with 1 game, 1 mem card + first gen mod @ $750... I still need to load my GS to swap discs... :(

Maybe I should wait for the launch of PS3 b4 I buy a PS2. $750 is really steep man. I just wanna play Gran Tourismo4.

marcwang said:
Maybe I should wait for the launch of PS3 b4 I buy a PS2. $750 is really steep man. I just wanna play Gran Tourismo4.

MYR 900 lei.....not SGD 900.....

Now PS2 is selling without mod for abour only SGD$320 original set from Sony Centre

PS3 has projected to be selling about USD$800-1000 but comes in BlueRay Disc

marcwang said:
the $750 is when we bought our at 4 years back....:bsmilie:

i also like to play GT4.... remember to buy the logicoll sterring whell ;)

Beachboy said:
the $750 is when we bought our at 4 years back....:bsmilie:

i also like to play GT4.... remember to buy the logicoll sterring whell ;)

Yeah I bought my PS2 set 4 years back for $850 but it was worth it as it's Japanese set, second batch run. Bigger heatsink and heavier set which has better electronics items.

Even the mod person from JB ask me where I got my set.....and he actually offered my to buy my set up! So funny......

Hmm, I understand JB is cheap, but I dont think I will be going there anytime soon. Anywhere else in Singapore you guys recommend to buy these specced up versions ?

got mine 4 yrs plus, but can't remember how much. Maybe wait for the PS3 to come out, PS2 price sure drop.

GT4 and Burnout3 rocks!!!

marcwang said:
Hmm, I understand JB is cheap, but I dont think I will be going there anytime soon. Anywhere else in Singapore you guys recommend to buy these specced up versions ?

Eh JB is just across the Causeway.......

Sjourn said:
got mine 4 yrs plus, but can't remember how much. Maybe wait for the PS3 to come out, PS2 price sure drop.

GT4 and Burnout3 rocks!!!
totally agree with you. GT4 and burnout rocks....
PS2 here is about 300 to 350 sing if i remember correctly (slim version) but just bare min. I was asking about 2nd set so didn't needed games/controllers.
Hoping to buy ps3 but i think better wait a bit or else kenna chop.

espn said:
I got mine with 1 game, 1 mem card + first gen mod @ $750... I still need to load my GS to swap discs... :(
Me too, man! My PS2 is a dinosaur liao :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.