Playstation 3 is Out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot1q

Sep 18, 2006
East of Singapore
Saw a few shops in Lucky Plaza selling already the new Playstation 3, ranging from S$1.4K to S$2K. The price is very high. Saw the report from Straits Times Money section and the launching price in Japan is 49,980 yen (S$666). Worst of it, I saw Ang Moh couple buying it ... :eek:

Wah..so expensive.. they got chop carrot head alr.

Saw a few shops in Lucky Plaza selling already the new Playstation 3, ranging from S$1.4K to S$2K. The price is very high. Saw the report from Straits Times Money section and the launching price in Japan is 49,980 yen (S$666). Worst of it, I saw Ang Moh couple buying it ... :eek:

i think 'official' price in sg is 1.6k... u pay for the bling bling effect during christmas when relatives come... esp if sg dun launch soon, even more of a bling bling during new year..

I waiting for Nintendo Wii. Graphic wise, not that good but game play, kind of solid. PS3, for those hardcore PS support n also, rich ppl. Although one game from Wii also cost abt $100, but more worth than PS3. Xbox 360, also abt same as PS3 but is a cheaper version. Also same same, sit there n play, no kick. Hoping to get Wii asap. ;p

Playstation what ? haha.. XBox 360 won.... sony should just concentrate on the psp and DSLR.

sony 0 microsoft 1

I still having my PS2.. still loving it.. got it only at 100 bucks? haha... xbox360.. shall i??? tempting... :(

Damn that is even then the marked up prices in JPN itself. Maybe I should get a set and sell in SG too. Carrotheads galore.

Wii releases in Jp on 2 Dec. Price at 25,000 yen. Games around 4800 - 6000 yen.
But the catch is that it only comes with 1 controller. Extra controllers cost 5600 yen.
Personally, one of Wii's weakness may be it's dependence on multiplayer games, which makes the extra expensive controller essential...

You may want to wait for a couple of months more, there is talk that there will be a price drop during the launch for the rest of the world in March. Honestly, the launch games don't look that impressive compared to the main titles in the works, so not much point buying now I think.

Because of the shortage in Japan,I've heard that prices over there have jumped to 60,000+ yen for the 20Gb model and 80,000+ yen for the 60Gb on Amazon Japan.

If you have been following gaming news, it's actually 1 for the Playstation and 0 for Xbox. The Xbox launch in Japan was really lacklustre and Japan is probably one of the largest, if not the largest share of the international gaming console market.

Wah, so expensive:cry: I really love Playstation, but that price is too much for me.....

Lucky I have a Xbox360. Looks like it'll be my best buddy from now.

Remember GST 7 % on d way.... :angry:

You may want to wait for a couple of months more, there is talk that there will be a price drop during the launch for the rest of the world in March. Honestly, the launch games don't look that impressive compared to the main titles in the works, so not much point buying now I think.

Because of the shortage in Japan,I've heard that prices over there have jumped to 60,000+ yen for the 20Gb model and 80,000+ yen for the 60Gb on Amazon Japan.

If you have been following gaming news, it's actually 1 for the Playstation and 0 for Xbox. The Xbox launch in Japan was really lacklustre and Japan is probably one of the largest, if not the largest share of the international gaming console market.

Microsoft made a bad marketing mistake on the Xbox in japan. Selling consoles at cutrate prices isn't the best strategy in Japan because their taste is deeply entrenched in gaming quality, not value for money. Their console volume is dismal and they sold very little games. In the console industry, the profit is generated thru game sales as consoles are generally selling at cost price or below to build market share. With Xbox360, they may have made a turn for the better, but sale volume remains pathetically overshadowed by even PS2. Hopefully, they can put up a more capable fight this time round to even out the market dominance by PS3, although I foresee that Wii will be a more likely contender. Remember that both Sony and Nintendo have portable machines, which gives them an edge in crossover marketing and console linking.

Microsoft made a bad marketing mistake on the Xbox in japan. Selling consoles at cutrate prices isn't the best strategy in Japan because their taste is deeply entrenched in gaming quality, not value for money. Their console volume is dismal and they sold very little games. In the console industry, the profit is generated thru game sales as consoles are generally selling at cost price or below to build market share. With Xbox360, they may have made a turn for the better, but sale volume remains pathetically overshadowed by even PS2. Hopefully, they can put up a more capable fight this time round to even out the market dominance by PS3, although I foresee that Wii will be a more likely contender. Remember that both Sony and Nintendo have portable machines, which gives them an edge in crossover marketing and console linking.

soon MS will have portable as well... and the screen size would be wide screen 10" with a big X shape plastic case, and it can even use windows media center & windows mobile..

Status
Not open for further replies.