Playing with her favourite doll set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd noticed her playing alone by the balcony this morning. Took this shot while the sunlight was falling upon her through the balcony windows. My intention was to evoke some kind of a serene mood of her playing by herself. Appreciate your comments, especially regarding white balance, contrast and brightness.

Model: Farah
Playing with her favourite doll set.

85mm f/1.8 Aperture-Priority Exp +0.7 1/100s ISO 200 Spot Metering

505186990_51b11ef6a5.jpg

i really like what you did with the contrast and birghtness. quite spot on. but i cant say the same for evoking a sense of tranquility in me.. somehow when i saw this image i felt more sadness than peace. it's like, she's all alone and its not because of choice but rather, circumstance.

overall, really like this pic, but i felt the mood it conveyed was a lil wrong.

maybe if it was in colour might've been better?

hope this helps! =)

Nope. I don't think the colour version would have been better. I have a strong feeling that sophiandy captured this image with the intent to convert it into b&w. And it was very nicely done indeed :thumbsup: Proving natural light is still the best source of lighting. Heh.

I also didn't really get the serene mood you were trying to convey... But as a "Child at Play" theme photo, this really works for me. One worth keeping in the family album for a long time to come.

I have a strong feeling that sophiandy captured this image with the intent to convert it into b&w.

Yes, it was intended to be a B&W photo. By the way, here's the coloured version, which I didn't quite like at all in the first place. I guess, you both are quite right about the absence of serenity in the mood. Anyway, thanks very much for your constructive comments. Really appreciate it.

505216403_12b21a543c.jpg

Yes, it was intended to be a B&W photo. By the way, here's the coloured version, which I didn't quite like at all in the first place. I guess, you both are quite right about the absence of serenity in the mood. Anyway, thanks very much for your constructive comments. Really appreciate it.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/203/505216403_db4db6c827.jpg
agreed, the B+W have a stronger feel, but also more "sad"

other than that, I would prefer more head room. her head is almost cropped out of the frame.

its a very good capture nonetheless.

You might also want to have better separation of her with the left wall or object. That way she might have a better silhoutte.

i think this is a very nice and powerful pic
both versions works good.

yah, not too much of a serene mood.
but one of child like innocence

I would prefer more head room. her head is almost cropped out of the frame.

Thanks and noted. I've re-edited the framing of the photo. Now, I've given more space above her head. (See previous postings.)

To the rest, who have taken the effort of posting your critique, thanks again for your comments. Really appreciate it.

Oh gorgeous picture. i LOVE THE B&W!

& the way the doll is facing down. Its wickedly sadistic. LAWL

B&W or coloured also nice...but personally I prefer the B&W....accentuate the feeling....but its accentuating the feeling of moodiness rather than fun. This pic is like what adverts will do for old folks home..in this case.....creating an ad to create awareness of lonely kids in adoption/foster centres. :cry:

cool. really a pic that tells stories.

i think its the fact that you put ur title as " Playing with her favourite doll set" that kinda clashes with the audience's thoughts.

i think a really good title (and of course, relevant to what you're trying to tell the audience)would enhance the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.