Playing DVD on BluRay Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimsim

May 22, 2004
District 12
Is it ok to play DVDs on BluRay Players? I heard that it may shorten the lifespan of the BluRay Player while on the other hand heard that Bluray players will enhance the DVD watching experience especially with a HDMI TV.

Please enlighten. Thanks

blue ray player has mechanical parts and also a laser... if you use it, of course it will break down faster. Don't use it, and the mechanical parts will fuse together. i.e. dishwasher.

Is it ok to play DVDs on BluRay Players? I heard that it may shorten the lifespan of the BluRay Player while on the other hand heard that Bluray players will enhance the DVD watching experience especially with a HDMI TV.

Please enlighten. Thanks

The lifespan of the BluRay player is not going to be shorten just because you play DVSs rather than BluRay discs. Playing either one will cause more wear and tear and therefore increase the likelihood that the player may experience problems.

As to the player enhancing the DVD watching experience, it depends on whether the player has something called upscaling. If it does, it will improve the movie quality but note that it will not increase details as those are not present in the DVD in the first place. It will do things like sharpen the video, remove artefacts, etc.

Only diamond lasts forever. ;) Just sit back and enjoy your movies. If it breaks down, you can always get a new one for half the price you paid before. Cheers!

Don't think of your player spoiling. Why pay and worry? You should pay and enjoy. ;)
Every electronics will spoil.. (i.e. camera, TV, computers & MP3 players)

So before it spoils use it to the max! :D

better not buy if you not going to use ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.