Playing bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was strolling along sembawang park and I saw this little gal playing with bubbles.... so i decided to snapped a picture of her. It's hard to shoot her because she moved rather fast and to capture her expression and good body language is hard.

Shutter speed: 1/60s
F 4.5

I think that the hand is alittle bit blurred...Due to fast movement of the hand..

2599587507_bbda1848d0.jpg

Please give me some constructive comments. Thanks.

i think it's not bad at all - the subject is well captured and the colors, and i suspect post processing have made her stand out from the background.

but there are still things which do not work - the blurred hand can work for certain scenarios, but here it doesn't. i would think that freezing the motion here is best, so if it was possible, bump up the iso to increase shutter speed, or open up aperture (this depends on lens).

another point to note is the distracting background. i wonder if you tried moving around to "simplify the background" after this shot, because the edge of trees on the right, along with the big black object to the left of her in the picture are quite bad. you can try to clone it out, but i suspect it will not be easy.

Sianz.... I also find the background distracting. But is it possible to further blur the background so that it will not be that distracting?

you can blur and blur and darken it further, the fact is that it is going to have those funny shapes.. :dunno:

Care to share which lens/camera you are using? Thanks

I think camera and lens is not significant here.

You've done a good job capturing the moment, very likely to the best of your ability given all the limitations. Nice, natural colours, and good timing for the moment. Perhaps, though, you might have waited just a split second more for her arm to move rearward a little more, such that her face is not obstructed any more.

feets were chopped off. =\

you shouldve just burst shot since its fast movin and the feet cut off is really bad look at the space above.

if you have photoshop you can save this shot. if u shot in raw lagi best!

up exposure abit (maybe my screen or smt, looks abit dark), crop the image so the white thing cannot be seen, if u patient and good enough can use clone stamp and clear the background

If the person hand did not cover her face will be much better...;)

Nice capture.
Consider a half body crop to exclude the trees on the right and the white block at the bottom. That should clean up most of the clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.