Play pool got any rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
is there any rules other then hitting the opp's ball, blank hit and the black ball? tks

hmmm very very good question. i don't think so anymore. but there's something called 'push out' if i remember correctly, but not exactly sure how it's played. lets wait for some pros to come in.

hmmm very very good question. i don't think so anymore. but there's something called 'push out' if i remember correctly, but not exactly sure how it's played. lets wait for some pros to come in.

push out is call in 9 balls after the opening shot when there is a ball pocketed and he does not have a shot...

is there any rules other then hitting the opp's ball, blank hit and the black ball? tks

they is so many rules in 8/9 ball pool...

dun be lazy...search the internet...

lol. wow pool players in the forum! Anyone wanna have a game some time?? :devil: :bsmilie:

lol. wow pool players in the forum! Anyone wanna have a game some time?? :devil: :bsmilie:
i super junior nia, after hitting the stupid age restriction then can go play at cine, u can guess my age then. was wondering why must there be age limit? they are so rubbish.

and guys, just post the rules here la, ask me go find internet is like +1 for you rite?:bsmilie:

dun be silly. there are lots of rules, just like soccer, easily equivalent to one handbook. go read up yourself dude.

anyway posting in Kopitiam, no plus one

dun be silly. there are lots of rules, just like soccer, easily equivalent to one handbook. go read up yourself dude.

anyway posting in Kopitiam, no plus one

yes..i once saw a bar put up a "simplified" version of the pool rules on one of its walls, and that piece of paper was easily 4 A4 sheets long

yes..i once saw a bar put up a "simplified" version of the pool rules on one of its walls, and that piece of paper was easily 4 A4 sheets long

those are called "house rules" and frankly they are the ones that count ... If the 2 players agree on the "house rules" everything else is out the window ....

there was once the ball as in a super odd position, i dun noe if i just sweep it counted a not, so i purposely file....

am i allowed to sweep the balls rather then hitting it?

on arr...:lovegrin:

very long no play liaoz since stupid cue shaft had problem...must order replacement from US...:cry:

there was once the ball as in a super odd position, i dun noe if i just sweep it counted a not, so i purposely file....

search the internet...:sticktong

push out is call in 9 balls after the opening shot when there is a ball pocketed and he does not have a shot...

actually a pushout can be called immediately after the break whether there is a ball pocketed or not.

another rule is that after the cue hits a ball, at least one ball must hit any side rail if no ball is pocketed. otherwise its ball-in hand. i notice a lot of local players do not know this rule.

well, technically you can commit an intentional foul. but if your idea of 'sweeping' is what i think it is, then its considered as not being a gentleman.

normally players will commit intentional foul by making their opponent's shots more difficult (ie.tactical foul) such as moving the 8 or 9 ball to block an angle for the shot sequence.

do note though that committing 3 straight fouls will lose you the rack.... at least in the world championships.

actually a pushout can be called immediately after the break whether there is a ball pocketed or not.

oh ya...forget to add that...:sweatsm:

another rule is that after every shot, at least one ball must hit the side rail if no ball is pocketed otherwise its ball-in hand. i notice a lot of local players do not know this rule

also with touching ball...

well, technically you can commit an intentional foul. but if your idea of 'sweeping' is what i think it is, then its considered as not being a gentleman.

normally players will commit intentional foul by making their opponent's shots more difficult (ie.tactical foul) such as moving the 8 or 9 ball to block an angle for the shot sequence.

do note though that committing 3 straight fouls will lose you the rack.... at least in the world championships.

but making intentional foul is damn hard man...it can sometime go wrong very badly...:bsmilie:

For 8 Ball, there are different sets of rules in diff countries...

We have a standard set of rules in Singapore and it is different when we play with Europe pple/style.:bigeyes:

For 8 Ball, there are different sets of rules in diff countries...

We have a standard set of rules in Singapore and it is different when we play with Europe pple/style.:bigeyes:

true true...

on arr...:lovegrin:

very long no play liaoz since stupid cue shaft had problem...must order replacement from US...:cry:

haha custom cue ah? I use to siao on cues before i got into photography also. Then slowly slowly after sbsc went away and the team dispersed, i just started playing much much lesser. Hard to keep up with photography and pool at the same time. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.