Play dead during a photo shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
I was practicing my marco shots at home and this little fella was my model. I guess the stress of putting him through all the poses was too much for him. He just pretended to drop dead during the shoot. And this is the best shot I have of him. After the shoot he just walked off like nobody's business. It may be just an ant but it sure is smart.

anta.jpg

I am no Grand Master. There are many more people in CS whose Macro shots I envy. They are the true masters. I use a Tamron 90mm SP AF 2.8 macro. I also use an off-shoe cord for the flash and use tissue paper to cover the flash head. This is to prevent the flash from being too harsh. I am glad you like it. I am also glad to be able to share it with all. Thank you for your kind words.

NiVleK said:
Curious, there must be some amt of cropping u did rite?

Very little. It's almost full frame. I was damn close to it.

acetylcholine said:
forgive my language but, bloody good

I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks bro.

Omg ants?? You must have super close up lens..lol! :thumbsup: Did you use any close up lens or?..

jbma said:
I am no Grand Master. There are many more people in CS whose Macro shots I envy. They are the true masters. I use a Tamron 90mm SP AF 2.8 macro. I also use an off-shoe cord for the flash and use tissue paper to cover the flash head. This is to prevent the flash from being too harsh. I am glad you like it. I am also glad to be able to share it with all. Thank you for your kind words.

Only using the 90mm alone? I wonder what the outcome will be if you were to add another 500d man :sweat:

No close-up filter was used but I did use a 2X TC to give me more working distance. I also tried the reversal lens technique with a 50mm lens but that didn't work for me. Next I guess would be to try with a close-up filter and see what the results would be like.

I like the persfective, just like taken with wide angle lens.
Time to clean your sensor. :p

Thanks Sgt Pepper. I wanted to do that but am afraid that I might spoil the sensors. Can recommend any safe way to do it. Much appreciated.

Wonderful! Just Wonderful!
Pls dun tempt me to go into macro leh. My pocket's going to be burnt again.

very good exposure and detail

try to take the whole insect and some other closer angle shots would be better :)

evq said:
Wonderful! Just Wonderful!
Pls dun tempt me to go into macro leh. My pocket's going to be burnt again.

BUY! Just buy. At first I too did not plan to go into macro but when I saw some of the photos here it inspired me....especially Sgt Pepper.

megaweb said:
very good exposure and detail

try to take the whole insect and some other closer angle shots would be better :)

Thanks megaweb. Point noted. Comments coming from you have inspired me even more.

wow ants have toes,, so cool man,, learn something new everyday. well done

Interesting to know that ants can fake death.

It is not advisable to touch the sensor with foreign objects as they are very fragile. To remove dust, I simply change the setting on the camera to BULB mode and use a blower to blow the sensor area while I depressed the shutter release button (this will lift the mirror and you will be able to see the sensor) at the same time. When you done, make sure the blower is not in the way of the mirror when you remove your finger from the shutter release button. Try not to turn on the air-con or fan when you doing this as they may cause more dust to land on the sensor. Shoot at a plain coloured wall and check through the computer monitor for signs of dust. Try the blower method gain if the dust is still there. If there are stubborn stains, bring it back to the agent to clean it for you. So far, I am able to remove dust from the sensor using the blower method. Of course, it is equally important to take steps to minimize dust going into the camera while in the field. :cool:

Happy shooting! ;)

skfoo said:
Interesting to know that ants can fake death.

It is not advisable to touch the sensor with foreign objects as they are very fragile. To remove dust, I simply change the setting on the camera to BULB mode and use a blower to blow the sensor area while I depressed the shutter release button (this will lift the mirror and you will be able to see the sensor) at the same time. When you done, make sure the blower is not in the way of the mirror when you remove your finger from the shutter release button. Try not to turn on the air-con or fan when you doing this as they may cause more dust to land on the sensor. Shoot at a plain coloured wall and check through the computer monitor for signs of dust. Try the blower method gain if the dust is still there. If there are stubborn stains, bring it back to the agent to clean it for you. So far, I am able to remove dust from the sensor using the blower method. Of course, it is equally important to take steps to minimize dust going into the camera while in the field. :cool:

Happy shooting! ;)

Thanks for your advise SK. Appreciate it. I am not too sure if blowing might reove those stubborn ones. Anyway there are more dust these days as I shoot birds and nature more with ccplim and harlequin2902. So dust is everywhere but I love it. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.