Platinium Card privilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
Just received my platinium card from citibank.
Just like to know what sort of privilege do you guys use?
As in the concierge service,what service do they provide?

Ur first Credit Card right? :bsmilie:

The only previlege that we use are:
1) The previlege of buying things on credit (we DEFER payment until later)
2) The previlege of earning points

That's juz abt it. :bsmilie:

is there any?
or do u mean u need to pay $120 - $180 a yr for subscription ?? ;)

btw i am using dividend card
they will give send u a cheque every 3 months ... which can redeem some cash back

as least it makes me feel better when i used alot
:bsmilie:

actually the best credit card is those that can be use to pay your taxes. Free Tax rebate through points.

Any good credit card is those that does not have an annual fee, and only if you pay off the card in full every month!

Actually, I feel there is no longer any additional privilege in holding a platinum card. Banks are now upgrading the cards to platinum for just about everybody. All my old classic cards have been upgraded either to gold or platinum, and if you are applying the 1st time, they'll offer you platinum card even if you don't meet the minimum income.

actually the best credit card is those that can be use to pay your taxes. Free Tax rebate through points.
Hmm... So far I know POSB Everyday card cuts down my monthly bill.

Privilege? I think almost the same as classic and gold...but i paid $500 as one time membership payment for the platinum and enjoy lifetime membership...no annual fee

Privilege? I think almost the same as classic and gold...but i paid $500 as one time membership payment for the platinum and enjoy lifetime membership...no annual fee

Isn't that locking yourself in to one card and only one card?

I just call up every year whenever the renewal fee appears on my statement and ask the nice girl on the other side of the line to waive the renewal fee... it works 100% of the time in my experience with the 3 cards I have.

Any good credit card is those that does not have an annual fee, and only if you pay off the card in full every month!

i've never ever paid my annual fees for all my cards ever since the day i got them.
yes, you have to pay off the card in full everymonth.
you let it roll over, forget about the waiver.

anyway, it's never worth paying the bank the cc interest.it's as good as official loan sharks.

Jerry, forget the concierge service.it's crappy.whenever u call them book restaurants or ask for info, it's as good as going to the net and searching yourself.

eg, if you ask for where's good for chinese food, you will expect those highly reviewed restaurants from them right?
wrong.they usually will ask you where(north, south,east,west) you want to dine, and they will pump you with the nearest chinese restaurant search.
:thumbsd:

best thing about cc is whatever you pay, try and use your cc.then when the points come in, you'll be surprised what you can exchange for.if you accumulate your points just before the due date, you can easily exchange for about 1k shopping vouchers.(that is,if you spend quite an amount on your card to accumlate these points)

$500???? I got my card for like 4 years and never paid a single cent in membership.

i've never ever paid my annual fees for all my cards ever since the day i got them.
yes, you have to pay off the card in full everymonth.
you let it roll over, forget about the waiver.

anyway, it's never worth paying the bank the cc interest.it's as good as official loan sharks.

Jerry, forget the concierge service.it's crappy.whenever u call them book restaurants or ask for info, it's as good as going to the net and searching yourself.

eg, if you ask for where's good for chinese food, you will expect those highly reviewed restaurants from them right?
wrong.they usually will ask you where(north, south,east,west) you want to dine, and they will pump you with the nearest chinese restaurant search.

best thing about cc is whatever you pay, try and use your cc.then when the points come in, you'll be surprised what you can exchange for.if you accumulate your points just before the due date, you can easily exchange for about 1k shopping vouchers.(that is,if you spend quite an amount on your card to accumlate these points)

1K of shopping vouchers??? :bigeyes: think I haven't spent enough then. My monthly statement less than $200 :bsmilie:

I forgotten to exchange my point last year, even through it wasn't much :cry:

Yup, I ask them to waive my annual subscription fee every year :) .

While I was in UK, it's suppose to be without annual subscription fee, and you don't need to earn enough in order to qualify for a credit card. :think:

She is a big spender lah, who knows, maybe the top 5% is refering to her... :bigeyes:

no lah.not big spender.just that i seldom use cash at all.unless really necessary.
that accounts for the 'big expenditure' in my cc bills.

amex though 'prestigous', but i really dislike it because it's not readily accepted everywhere like visa or masters.:thumbsd:

amex though 'prestigous', but i really dislike it because it's not readily accepted everywhere like visa or masters.:thumbsd:

so you are not really a frequent traveller as you claimed then.

Amex is accepted widely outside Singapore and many outlet in hotels offered special discount for Amex holder.

ocbc cancel my card when i ask for waiver of annual fee...
maybe it becos i charge only once in 2 years and the charge is less than $100.

so not true that every time they waive the annual fee.

ocbc cancel my card when i ask for waiver of annual fee...
maybe it becos i charge only once in 2 years and the charge is less than $100.

so not true that every time they waive the annual fee.

Maybank have this e-card (Visa and Mastercard) where they will send only softcopy of the monthly bill to 2 email accounts provided by you. There is no annual fee but you need to use your card at least once every quarter regardless of amount spent otherwise they will charge u S$5 (per qtr??).

Status
Not open for further replies.